Join our server on Discord

Biggest surprise/dissapointment.
Biggest Surprise: Final Fantasy XIII

I know what many people will say - it's getting worse as it goes along. But for me it was a breath of fresh air for a change, seeing as how I never liked twelve and would have rather hanged myself. It mixes a lot of things that appear in other games (Field of vision, detection, being able to control what battles you enter) and the battle system really does take a bit of time to get used to, but keeps you on your toes and not just laid back. Borrowing as well the old mechanism of the Sphere Grid from FFX but making it HIGHLY better. You gain CP points after each battle which allows you to progress along, that same CP once you connect to a skill on the grid, will immediately learn it (Like Strength +3, Magic +3, Libra, etc), instead of having to have keys and move spheres and levels.

The game also stops cheap overgrinding by gradually unlocking the sphere grid for you, so until you progress, you can't just sit back and mine enemies for millions... well, you can do that, but they'll just be sitting there until you continue on with the game. In battle it's sort of like FF12, but again, improved. This time, you have a system which much like KH, allows you to pick what your allies do, but this time as well as yourself. So you can put someone to heal, someone to keep the attention of the enemies, and yourself as the main hitter. You can change this in battle to custom set styles YOU create, so sometimes this is key to staying alive.

Graphic-wise it is fantastic. The story takes a bit of further knowledge, reading both the notes and in between the lines to fully get a grip of. Only problem I have with it is some of the names; Lightning! Snow! Hope!.... Oh, and we must not forget, our one and only.... CCIIIIIIDDD! Yeah, there's a Cid.

Quote:Guitar Hero II

Hey, if you get the time (Not sure if that's the Guitar Hero with it on there) but tackle Through the Fire and Flames, then see how your wrist hurts. :P

But it was a surprise, seeing as how 12 turned out for me, it was really a pleasant shock.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Bee - 10-28-2009, 04:21 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Wisemon - 10-29-2009, 09:59 AM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Kurtz - 10-29-2009, 02:25 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Gol22 - 11-09-2009, 07:38 PM