Join our server on Discord

Casual Rex (private for Fox and Casey)
Renee leaned back against the door, obviously a bit nervous from her friend's manner. She could sense a strange hostility in her voice, or something like it. She wasn't sure what she was getting: concern, hostility, threat, assurance. Whatever it was it made her a bit nervous but drew her attention away from the ideas of complots and pranks. "I" she said, her eyes a bit wide, and obviously intimidated, "I'm sorry. I want you to be telling the truth... I'll trust you." She relaxed a little seeing her friend soften, and toyed with the end of her skirt a little. "What do you mean about... the attack?" she asked absently, "What do you mean the bear didn't..."

"I wouldn't do it man" Bill said, his voice concerned but now a touch absent, "Maybe this isn't what's best for you, you know? Maybe this is about what's best for her." He started cleaning up some of the work materials that were not going to be used, or were waste left over as they let the experiment simmer. "Most people don't go crazy from knowin' about us... just knowing" he said, giving his friend a serious look, "Most get locked up cuz they try to tell other people and people THINK their crazy... or they get picked off by the Voice of Progress, or the big guys pull strings to lock them up so they quit trying to spread the word." He paused and crossed his arms, giving his friend a whimsical look. "Did you ever see that movie where the gargoyle monster saves the dudes life and says that if he ever tells anyone about it then he'll die? Then, at the end of the movie he tells his wife, and it turns out that she is the monster and she has to kill him even tho it breaks her heart because those are the rules? I mean, come on man... Girls can't keep secrets."
Fhtagn!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Casual Rex (private for Fox and Casey) - by fox winter - 11-05-2009, 09:12 AM