Join our server on Discord

Games just don't feel worth what they used to.
Oh oh oh! I like how senjuro analyzed the FF franchise, and as such, I'll nerd my way through MegaMan! ...But to save you guys from longass history like I did on my deleted resumé, I'll just emulate a few comments like he did with the comparisons.

Just look at how, from the start of the MegaMan classics, we just saw a little blue monkey with a left hand that turned into a cannon owned stuff, and jumping from the same concept of "playing throughout stages and beating the boss" kept being repeated over and over, but over different plots and with newer addons. For instance, MegaMan had his trusty arm-cannon all over his first three 8-bit games and when reaching the fourth installment, he was given the MegaBuster, which was an outstanding revolution (Except for the fact Samus Aran was employing the Charge Beam already by that time) for his platforming lore. And as Classic MegaMan kept going over, more characters and abilities were implemented, such as Rush, the robot dog, was used as MegaMan's playtoy transformer throughout V, and VI also added the possibility and innovation of giving MegaMan a new appearance with the R.U.S.H. Armor Plate that allowed them to fuse together. VII, making its way into Super Nintendo, added Bass, everyone's favorite evil anti-hero (Doesn't make sense!) who becomes MegaMan's eternal rival and gives the plot a much richer twist! Allowing fans to keep drooling as they get past all the newer, smoother-graphic'd bosses! Gotta love FreezeMan's "Cool" pose.

Separate from all the derivations that surged from the Classic, original MegaMan, I can conclude that Capcom loves to beat him like a moneycow, but! The pro is that each new title that comes out, for either of his series, always has a new, even if smaller difference that makes gameplay so much sweeter! Let's just advance some years into the future and to present date. Two days ago I got MegaMan Star Force 3: Black Ace, and while I'm truly disappointed they didn't keep the JPN voice actors, they didn't screw up that much with the dubbing, AND as established ever since the .exe saga, we keep seeing how we can customize and modify our MegaMan to both enjoy different ways of completing the main story AND enjoy Player Vs. Player to its fullest. Star Force 1 had the Star Forces, Star Force 2 had Tribe Ons, and Star Force 3 has graced us with Noise Changes. Capcom is doing a great job making the MegaMan franchise live. And they better not end it with Star Force 3, or I'll have to eat them alive.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games just don't feel worth what they used to. - by DragonMasterX - 07-03-2009, 03:21 AM