Join our server on Discord

Games just don't feel worth what they used to.
(07-01-2009 12:21 AM)senjuro Wrote: Games that are truly immersive or interesting to me, or promise hundreds of hours of gameplay, for example Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, I'll happily shell out some cash. But a "once through in 10 hours" ordeal just doesn't cut it for me.

I think that's what a lot of it comes down to for me too. I like a game that I can play quickly 4-10 hours or so, just because I don't have a lot of time around work, school, girlfriend, etc. to spend on a game. But once I'm done with that, there should be some replay value.

Oblivion is a great example. The story was quick to beat, and not that challenging, but there was still a huge world to enjoy once it was done. I did sell the game once I felt "done" with it, but there was still a hell of a lot left that I could have done.

On the other hand, Prince of Persia was quick, but once it was over, it was over.

DLC helps to expand that I guess, but that's more money into an experience I didn't find fulfilling in the first place.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games just don't feel worth what they used to. - by The Reclaimer - 07-01-2009, 07:40 AM