Join our server on Discord

Oh for fucks sake!
"Hey can i exchange some games in for cash?"
"Sure, you got I.D?"
"Yep."
"Oh, thats not enough, i need an address."
"Why? are you going to send me a 'thank you' card for being a customer?"

Okay, so it's a rant about I.D cards and the retarded rulings of game stores. I understand perfectly how I.D is useful, because they need to know your age as proof of you being able to buy (I'm sixteen, so i'm okay to sell and buy the games i was trading in), but today was not as expected. Not only did i have to walk to the store due to my bike having a flat tyre, but it also chucked it down on my way.
So, after being drenched and mildly out of breath, i walked into the empty store (ironic much?) and politely asked the 17 year old spotty faced gent behind the counter if i could trade in my items. Handling him my bus pass, i expected no difficulties from this transaction but no! Apparently i needed an address on my I.D too. Why? Why the fuck do you need an address? is a name and age not enough? I mean, do you want to know my postcode too, maybe even my Social security number and credit card number? Why do you need an address?

I'm actually supporting the whole I.D Card idea nowadays, not because i WANT people to know my personal details, but because we're already at an point at time where they're asking for more then age and name at stores; At least with an I.D card that will be recognised in stores will help me just get things done.

"Trade your games in for cash!"
"Well i WOULD, if you wankers would stop faffing around!"

But really, can any of you guys tell me why they would need an address? because as as far as i can see an address has nothing to do with buying or selling a game.

*sighs deeply, facepalming* Someone get me some sugar...
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds

Messages In This Thread
Oh for fucks sake! - by Guilmon and a shotgun - 05-27-2009, 03:29 AM
RE: Oh for fucks sake! - by Lost - 05-27-2009, 03:50 AM
RE: Oh for fucks sake! - by Erethzium - 05-27-2009, 04:24 AM
RE: Oh for fucks sake! - by Guilmon and a shotgun - 05-27-2009, 06:13 AM
RE: Oh for fucks sake! - by Wisemon - 05-27-2009, 12:12 PM