Join our server on Discord

Team dynamics
Well, for my final project in Advanced Drawing, we worked in teams of 4 each, and the teams were chosen at random. My team ended up being the smallest at 3 *At first*, but that didn't bother me any.

What DID bother me was the sheer incompetence of half the team members. One submit almost no work or ideas to the project, the second one *Which was our 4th team member who wasn't there on the first day* kept arguing with me on what the final designs should be AFTER we had come up with the final design idea, and eventually went against our decision on the final design. The fourth team member was fortunately the most competent of all of us, but was debilitated on the 3rd day of our project because he had to go fill in for someone at his work and then had to pull a double shift afterwards. SOMEHOW, he ended up making the best work out of all of us.

I ended up spending more time and energy keeping everyone informed on what we were doing, since no one was ever together at the same time. I lost the 2nd and 3rd day trying to get the other two team members on the same damn level as me and the other guy, and the presentation was on the 4th day, one week after we started the project.

Even though we were being graded as individuals, it still pisses me off that half my team was flaking out half the time by either showing up to class 3 hours late on ALL the days, or just not complying to the team's final design. I need to learn how to work with a team, and it doesn't help if the team members aren't willing to work.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA

Messages In This Thread
Team dynamics - by Lost - 05-22-2009, 12:10 AM
RE: Team dynamics - by Wisemon - 05-22-2009, 09:59 AM
RE: Team dynamics - by UnknownH - 05-22-2009, 01:33 PM
RE: Team dynamics - by Lost - 05-22-2009, 11:58 AM
RE: Team dynamics - by Lost - 05-22-2009, 03:28 PM
RE: Team dynamics - by MagusKnight - 05-23-2009, 04:13 AM