Join our server on Discord

Yaaay! Then it was ruined...
(03-22-2009 10:23 AM)MagusKnight Wrote: So they do want to kill her... :(

Yes, but it's not to get rid of her. For example, we had a puppy, she was a bit over a year old and she had always been very coughy and congested. The vet we had check her said it sounded like a cold, so we didn't think much of it. However, she got worse and it turned out to be a chronic lung illness, something she'd never recover from. So we had her euthanized (the other common term with pets is "put to sleep"). It wasn't to get rid of her, but rather to spare her from living with the illness that was going to get progressively worse.

You said your cat is showing signs of being on the verge of death. That's why your parents are considering it. My girlfriend's aunt just had a dog "put to sleep" but they waited very long, the dog could hardly stand on its own, it was barely eating, he was in very poor shape. They loved that dog very much, but he was suffering and they wanted to end that.

Some people dont believe in it, I mean it's not like you can tell what the animal is thinking/feeling, so who are we to determine whether the animal should live or die? However, I feel that most familes develop close enough bonds with pets that they know when the animal is no longer enjoying life, they can see the animal turn from the happy family pet, to an empty shell.

The process of putting an animal down isn't cruel. They inject the animal with an overdose of anesthetic (a medication that makes the animal feel no pain or anything). It looks like the animal is going to sleep, but they pass on very quickly. The whole process took place in easily less than a minute with our puppy, however it feels longer. I don't really suggest going into the room with the animal because it is a very emotional moment. I was in the room with the puppy and it was hard to watch, and of course I have that memory of her going to sleep for the last time. However, if you're close with the animal, and want to go in, do it.

Good luck with your cat, I hope she finds peace soon. And don't think bad of your parents, they're just trying to do what's best.

Also, those warm tingly amazing showers are the bestest.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade

Messages In This Thread
Yaaay! Then it was ruined... - by MagusKnight - 03-22-2009, 02:02 AM
RE: Yaaay! Then it was ruined... - by Wisemon - 03-22-2009, 03:24 AM
RE: Yaaay! Then it was ruined... - by MagusKnight - 03-22-2009, 03:27 AM
RE: Yaaay! Then it was ruined... - by Masquerade - 03-22-2009, 03:28 AM
RE: Yaaay! Then it was ruined... - by MagusKnight - 03-22-2009, 03:58 AM
RE: Yaaay! Then it was ruined... - by MagusKnight - 03-22-2009, 07:20 AM
RE: Yaaay! Then it was ruined... - by MagusKnight - 03-22-2009, 10:23 AM
RE: Yaaay! Then it was ruined... - by The Reclaimer - 03-22-2009, 01:44 PM
RE: Yaaay! Then it was ruined... - by MagusKnight - 03-22-2009, 02:01 PM
RE: Yaaay! Then it was ruined... - by MagusKnight - 03-26-2009, 06:36 AM