Join our server on Discord

"I want a pet!" (pet-keeping/taming RP)
"Oreo..." A gentle woman's voice called softly

The puppy opened an eye lazily before falling back to sleep on his little cot.

"Oreo... its time to wake up. She's here, I'm sure you'll like her..." Granny Felise's frail hand caressed his ears delicately.

Oreo raised his head, rubbing the sleep out of his golden yellow eyes. He yawned widely and looked up at his owner. "Can't I stay just one more day?" He asked hopefully, his soft, normally cheery and lively puppy eyes looked so sad and guilty now that he was going to leave Granny and Grandpa. They were the best owners- no, the best foster parents he ever had. Its wasn't fair that they were going to give him away to their granddaughter after giving him the best seven or eight years of his life.

Granny Felise sighed wearily, but sat on her rocking chair like she usually did. She patted her lap gently and Oreo climbed up the chair to sit on her lap and wrap his warm, furry arms around her neck. He wished that this moment would last forever, but as hard as he tried to hope, he knew there was no changing this. He owed them this much at least, his life was theirs to handle.

"Am I a bad dog, Granny?" Oreo asked her quietly, his young voice riddled with guilt. "I promise I won't spill the milk anymore, so please don't send me away."

"Oh no, no, no... honey..." The old woman pulled him into a warm embrace. "You're a good, good dog. You've warmed the empty spaces our children left in our hearts, and we're over them now. Most of them have kids, our grandkids. Right now, Oreo, our granddaughter needs you more than we do." She explained tenderly, caressing Oreo behind one of his ears. "Promise me you'll make her happy like you've made us happy throughout the years, will you?"

"I promise..." Oreo replied quietly, and nuzzled her neck one last time.

"Good boy. Come along now... Grandpa already packed your things." Granny said, playfully patting him toward the door.

Grandpa was still strong and burly for his age, but he was a gentle giant. He handed Oreo his backpack and ruffled his ears roughly. "Remember what we talked about, boy?"

"Every step is an adventure." Oreo replied cheekily by quoting what Grandpa said last night. "Yeah, I remember. But I don't want to go on an adventure, this place is my adventure! I love it here!" He indicated out the window at the hills and meadows where his owners lived. He could see a bright red car parked just outside. It probably came from far away, Oreo didn't see many cars, not counting his owners' old jalopy.

Grandpa just laughed warmly and knelt down, placing his hands on Oreo's shoulders and squeezing them gently. "Listen Oreo... I know this is hard for you, this is difficult for us too. You've become like another child to us... but here's a little secret... place your paw over your chest like this..." The old man raised his hand over his heart.

Oreo mimicked him. "Like this?"

"Good... do you feel that beating? That's me and Grandma playing the bongos in your heart, like we do every Thursday. You're in our hearts too, with your old drum-kit." He explained.

"We're in each others hearts?" Oreo asked curiously.

"Yes. So no matter where you go, no matter what happens... place your paw over your heart, and remember that we're always together. We're there to watch you tuck yourself in, we're there to watch you play, we're there to watch you talk. Always." He whispered, and hugged Oreo tightly. "I'll miss you."

Oreo held back his tears. Grandpa and Granny said that he was a big boy now, and big boys don't cry. Instead, he hugged his Grandpa back. "I love you Grandpa... I love you Grandma..." He choked his tears back, wiping his eyes.

Grandpa sighed wearily and straightened up, holding Granny's hand. Oreo knew that he wasn't the kind to show how he hurt inside, but he saw it in his eyes. Granny bent down and pecked Oreo on the crown of his head, wiping her eyes.

The door opened up, and a man came in with a young girl. The girl hugged and kissed her grandparents and the man engaged them in conversation.

"That it?" He thumbed at Oreo unceremoniously.

"That's him, that's our Oreo." Granny nodded.

The man nodded and ruffled his ears roughly. "Hey there little guy, you're going to live with us now, huh? Isn't that great?"

"Yes sir." Oreo replied humbly.

"Oh grandma, he's so cute!" The little girl said. She looked so excited, it made Oreo happy. He blushed underneath his fur at her comment. Only Granny ever called him cute!

"Why don't you go over and talk to him, sweetie?" Granny told the girl, who was unexpectedly sweet. Oreo was expecting some rich spoiled brat like those he saw in TV sometimes.

"Hi..." The girl said embarrassed. "I'm Alicia! You must be Oreo!" Alicia pointed at his nametag.

"Yep, I'm Oreo!" Oreo complied bashfully, shuffling one of his feet on the the wooden floor.

The man cleared his throat. "Well, time is off essence, now that you know each other, lets go." He said quickly and took Oreo's backpack from him, bringing it to the car. "I've got a meeting in two hours."

Oreo didn't know what essence meant, but it sounded important, so he followed quickly, not wanting to anger the man. He scared him a little.

"Got your ball?" Grandpa asked.

Oreo nodded. "Its in my bag."

"What about your dog sweetie?" Grandma called.

Oreo whined, embarrassed. He loved his dog alright.

Grandma laughed. "Go get your dog Oreo. You'll have trouble sleeping without it."

He nodded, ran into the house, grabbed his old, slightly dirty and frayed stuffed dog, and ran back out, hugging Grandma and Grandpa quickly as he got out. He was so embarrassed, he would've preferred it if Alicia didn't know he still slept with a stuffed-toy. "Bye..." He called at them as he entered a car for the first time, and watched Grandma and Grandpa grow smaller and smaller as the car drove off.

Alicia sidled up next to him slowly, and when they were finally just an inch apart, she hugged him, loving his soft fur. Oreo didn't mind of course... he needed a hug. Who knows where he was going now?

OOC:

More characters!

Humans:

Name: Yanagi Felise
Orientation: Bisexual, but leaning toward other women.
Looks: About 6'1ft height. She has velvety jet-black hair, a promiscuous figure, and Tattoos.
Reason: She's a very dominant individual. She bought "pets" because being around them gives her a sense of sovereignty over what happens to them.
Size: D-cups. And a really, hot figure.
Other: Alicia's adopted older sister. A disenchanted, jaded young woman, she was adopted by Alicia's parents back when they had some trouble making a child. If she were a sovereign, she'd be labeled a "Tyrant". She's of Japanese heritage, and her name means "Willow". She's somewhat of a sadist, and a wild card. She's a little crueler than she means to be toward her pets, up to borderline abuse. Deep down, she's lonely and trying to find the right person for her. She lives separately from Alicia and her parents, and works as a tattoo artist/piercer, and sometimes a "waitress". She has a Ducati and loves riding it.

Pets:

Name: Zeno Gearse
Pet name: Blizzard ("Bliz" or "Zard" for short.)
Species: Canis Familiaris (Dog - Siberian Husky)
Orientation: Straight, but trained (disciplined) into "following orders" (sex with something regardless of how repulsive he finds it. Sort of like forced-self-rape with a partner who likes it.)
Description: 6'5ft in height. He has blue and white fur, black pawpads, storm gray eyes and a red, electro-shock collar. He has an athletic build and physique.
Past Life: Taken away from his parents at a young age, he grew up in the country, where he was forced to do hard labor. He was then adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Felise for their newly adopted daughter, Yanagi, who had a slightly older pet already whom he befriended. Growing up with the child, he learned the hard way how cruel a human can be. Such a young girl tortured and tormented him in secret, promising him that it would be worse if he told her parents. He has grown to be rather submissive.
Measurements: 9 1/2 inches length, 2 1/2 inches girth. Knot is 5 inches.
Other: A playful and energetic "pet", Blizzard loves all forms of sports and is loyal to a fault. He was often abused by Yana, and has become somewhat shy and recluse on first meetings, but becomes outgoing and open over time. He is very obedient, and wishes only for Yana to like him. She has stated on multiple occasion that she detests him. He'd rather wear clothes, and Yana allows him to have a few. He usually wears a black shirt with the sleeves torn off to give his firm biceps some breathing space and a somewhat loose pair of pants.

Name: Toni Deleon
Pet name: Dusk
Species: Canis Aureus (Golden Jackal) (Black Furred)
Orientation: Straight, but like Blizzard, is trained not to question her partners' genders.
Description: 6'2ft in height. She has velvety black fur, grayish-lavender pawpads, orchard-green eyes and a silky white, semi-long hair. She wears a red electro-shock collar, and has a rather voluptuous physique.
Past Life: Her parents were put down when she was very young, and she wondered the streets as a stray until she was taken by "Animal Control". She was eventually sold to a young girl only three years older than her. This girl was strange, she was abusive and dominant. Dusk was raised to be submissive, but she was always a little more dominant because of her heritage. She is obedient, like Blizzard, but holds seniority over him.
Measurements: D-cup. Hot figure.
Other: A rather serious and pessimistic optimist (is that even possible?), she has become somewhat of a toy for Yanagi, who dresses her in pretty clothes like some sort of doll. She is not fond of humans but is loyal to Yana and the Felises.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers

Messages In This Thread
RE: "I want a pet!" (pet-keeping/taming RP) - by Frisk E. Coyote - 01-03-2009, 01:15 PM