Join our server on Discord

Hey You, Out There in the Cold...
Ugh... In about 7 days, I graduate from High School. I know it's supposed to be a good thing, but I find myself dreading it.

I feel like I got ripped off. In the past four years, I've had only one girlfriend, and it didn't work out. I don't know whether or not I have any actual friends. People don't seem to want to talk to me.

This is probably because I have a lot of trouble with social situations. I can't speak very well, and I usually end up stuttering unless I know exactly what I'm going to say, or unless someone prompts me. And I'm terrible at dealing with large social events. If there's too much noise, I break down. Over the past two years, I've had at least 5 of these breakdowns. The worst was a few months ago during a theatre rehearsal. I was doing a scene where I had to talk over other people, and I just started hyperventilating. Thankfully someone noticed, but it probably cost me socially.

I don't know how I'm going to get through this next week. I have to attend senior outings all week, which means lots of large social events, and with the exception of the prom, they're all mandatory.

Messages In This Thread
Hey You, Out There in the Cold... - by Gnostic Metatron Prime - 05-30-2004, 03:09 PM
[No subject] - by Cyber Stryker - 05-31-2004, 04:57 AM
[No subject] - by Wisemon - 05-31-2004, 02:11 PM
[No subject] - by RaZhar - 05-31-2004, 05:02 PM