Join our server on Discord

Failed attempts at living simple lives are what keep me coming back to you
DragonMasterX Wrote:I'm just glad that you're still here, the title to this thread makes it sound like it'd be very egoistical to make you stay but hell, if you weren't here DaD wouldn't be what it is,
Hey, I’m the egotistical one, in part because of lines like that. Really, I think it’s the more regular posters like you who make up the backbone of the DaD. I just fortify it a bit.

DragonMasterX Wrote:Happy 5,000! Now get me 5,000 more!
No problem, that’ll just take another five years.

blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:I have seen you grow into a more witty individual and its just a great feeling to see a friend, that has such a drive to pursue their dreams and not care what others think, is clearly something that we could all look up to you for, in the figurative sense.
Thanks, unfortunately, these days, it’s my dreams that tend to pull me away from here. I admit that I do sometimes fancy myself a role model for honorable decisions and moderate success while appreciating the little things.

blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:You are indeed intelligent and by what you write sometimes I wait for days to have the privilege of seeing what the maverick of sarcasm will post next. I know you are serious but I know you have a laxed side that is something more I enjoy in your banter in the personal quote section which I read every single one, and I have read every review, sometimes giving you a taste of what I think.
Thank you, I do appreciate that, even if it is kind of stalkerish and excessive.

blueeyedgabulvo0o Wrote:I have learned this about you and that is, even though we may be close, I'm thinking you are in NYC somewhere, but nonetheless, you are genuine and true to your word. You write what you feel and can move oceans with that golden tongue.
Yeah, being true to my word is an important part of who I am, and I think it should be an important part of everyone’s personality, no matter how trendy or deviant they are. I’m actually from Connecticut, if you must know, but you could probably tell by my Connecticut accent.

Ray the Backlasher Wrote:ecstatic fanboy squeal* Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!! Five-thousand posts and I got a mention! Of course I'm your number one fan! Always have been, always will be! I'll stroke your ego any time and uh- perturb you anywhere! Okay, my wording's off, but only because I'm typing in another one of your threads, which is the equivalent writing fanmail to a celebrity who lives just next door (in another continent)!
Again, a little stalkerish and excessive, but I’ll take it. Thanks. I’m starting to become a fan of yours as well; you post some funny and edgy stuff.

Ray the Backlasher Wrote:And your voice is so AWESOME, it brings tears to my eyes when I fap!
Uh, thanks, Ray. Well, part of posting anything on the internet is that the viewing or listening public is free to enjoy it in any way they see fit.

Senjuro Wrote:Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad I made such an impact on you to elicit that kind of compliment. Congratulations on your 5k!
Of course you made an impact. I do moderate the Debate Room, after all.

Senjuro Wrote:As for your track, I like the lyrics. A lot. I wouldn't expect anything less from you there. In terms of your recitation, you really modulate your voice a lot, which is a pleasure to hear. People all-too-often just blab in mind-numbing monotone and it leaves me thinking, "What the hell am I even listening to?" So I was grateful for that!

It had some nice rhythmic clarity and consistency to it that I think some kind of accompaniment would make clear right from the start. I could imagine multiple musical backdrops that would go along with it, though I'm sure what I imagine is totally different from your intention.

Just be careful on "war." It sounds kinda funny to my ear, but I'm a real bitch when it comes to dictional clarity. Sue me.
Wow, that’s a lot better than the criticism I thought I’d receive from a pro like yourself. Personally, I thought it sounded good, and I did practice the voice modulation a lot to get it to where I wanted it to sound, but on the other hand, I’ve also been told that I’m tone-deaf, so I had no idea if it would sound right to someone who wasn’t. I know about the “war.” I have trouble with words starting with “w,” which I know is ironic considering my name. It’s such a strain to pronounce it correctly that the following sound must be flattened.

Cowboy From Hell Wrote:Several of your posts made me go, "oh snap. Someone's gonna get owned!"

Have a beer on me, and here's hoping for 5000 more!
I don’t drink, but thanks, I do try to own where I can, but I think I’ve gotten better about being subtle about it, because when you’re not subtle about it, you’re Boss Reo, and nobody wants to be Boss Reo.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against

Messages In This Thread
RE: Failed attempts at living simple lives are what keep me coming back to you - by Wisemon - 11-20-2008, 12:51 PM