Join our server on Discord

Intresting but Uncommon facts about yourself.
I unintentionally intimidate people at work because I rarely say anything. I just learned this the other day at my employee evaluation.

This will probably surprise some people, but I no longer identify myself as a Republican (no, I haven't committed the unthinkable by becoming a democrat). I now consider myself a Conservative (specifically a fiscal one), mainly because I feel Republican politicians are betraying the values of true Republicanism and I don't want to be associated with them.

And to seperate myself from Wisemon, the fiscal conservatism I follow is that of Thomas Jefferson, involving a weak central government, little to no national debt, and a laissez-faire approach to economics.

I've abandoned many of the beliefs I had as a child, mainly the idea that being selfish is always bad, that giving people an equal share of things is right, that all people are equal, and the idea that African-Americans are the victims of evil white racists.

I've been doing research into Objectivism since hearing some of its values, and find myself more and more fond of the ideas behind it.

I no longer trust Republicans over Democrats. I now consider them both to simply be two sides of the politician coin, and I consider all politicians to be forked-tongue slimeballs who will say one thing while running for election, then do something completely different once in office.

Unlike a lot of people I know, I believe that the welfare of the people is the last thing on the government's mind.

One of my core beliefs is that everyone gets a fair chance at life and if they squander it and fail, it's no one's fault but their own and no one is obligated to help them.

Messages In This Thread
Intresting but Uncommon facts about yourself. - by RyanCruey - 10-30-2008, 08:03 PM
RE: Intresting but Uncommon facts about yourself. - by RyanCruey - 10-31-2008, 08:11 AM
RE: Intresting but Uncommon facts about yourself. - by BigD - 11-01-2008, 02:11 AM
RE: Intresting but Uncommon facts about yourself. - by BigD - 11-02-2008, 06:49 AM
RE: Intresting but Uncommon facts about yourself. - by RyanCruey - 11-02-2008, 10:45 AM
RE: Intresting but Uncommon facts about yourself. - by BigD - 11-04-2008, 08:51 AM