Join our server on Discord

The Hive RPG story for Shendo and Alita (small Yaoi scene)
Alita watched in awe as the combatants seemed to blur before her eyes, their blades barely visible as they struck eachother again and again, multiple times each time her eyes registered one hit. They leapt about like acrobats, sometimes dodging a blow instead of meeting it in any way. "This is incredible... deadly.. yet beautiful... A dance of death..." she thought, gasping when Shendo executed a dificult parry behind his back, spinning about for a counter attack. "You can move faster than that you know.." her conscience nagged again as she admired the way they moved. "Maybe.. but this isn't just speed... they have turned this from a fight... to a work of art.."

Shendo turned his blade to the side at the last moment when he realized this blow would connect, hitting his father in the side with the flat of the blade instead of the cutting edge. Teranth rolled back, the padding he wore had absorbed most of the blow, but he knew it would leave a bruise later. "Not bad kid, now lets take it up a notch."

Teranth growled under his breath as he charged again, he feinted towrad Shendo's face with his blade, then spun about to try to slam the hilt into his stomach. Shendo leapt over the attack, slashing down with the back of his blade as he passed, this time there was no resulting smack of metal on padding though. Teranth ducked under the blow, lashing out with a kick as Shendo landed. The kick caught him a little off guard, but he managed to roll with the impact, and came up on his feet, rushing toward his father with his blade held foreward. Their blades locked together as Teranth brought his own down to catch Shendo's. "Is that the best you can do boy! Come on! I know you can do better!" Teranth growled as he shoved his son away, he launched a small ball of energy at him as he pushed. He knew that his son knew about his abilities, but he had never used them in a practice session before. "Time for him to see what it is like in the real world.."

Shendo brought his blade back up, and caught the energy ball with the flat of it, sending it spiralling away as he summoned a dark flame around his sword, and swung it down at his father. Teranth smiled slightly, rolling to one side to avoid the blow. "Good, he is adapting to the new rules of the game... Lets see what he can really do." Teranth launched three more blasts of energy before slashing his blade in again. Shendo deflected each blast as he had the first, then came up and met his father's blade with his own. The dark flames swirled around the two swords as they pushed against eachother.

Teranth felt a strange weakness coming over him when the blades met, but kept pushing back. "Is this the effect of his ability.. or am I just getting old?" Shendo kept pushing toward his father, not knowing how he was winning this contest of strength this time, he had never won before. "Is he letting me win.. No, he is straining as hard as I am.... Is something wrong?" Shendo pulled down on his blade and stepped to one side, breaking the lockup as he brought the hilt of his sword into Teranth's stomach. He felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, but ignored it in favor of driving his attack home. The older man didn't manage to block this attack, though he did turn the fall into a more controlled tumble as he flew back several feet. His blade falling from his hands as he rolled onto his back.

Shendo walked over and picked up the blade, glaring slightly at it. "I know I didn't get that much stronger... So how did I win that..?" he asked, seeming to talk to the blade rather than his father. He reached a hand down after sheathing his own blade to help him up. Teranth accepted the aid, more out of surprise than anything. He was a proud man, and not normally willing to admit weakness of any kind.

Alita cheered quietly when Shendo finished the exchange. "That was amazing... I've never seen anything quite like it..." She found herself worrying a little when Teranth didn't get up imediately. But was relieved when she saw Shendo bend down to help him up again.

"You learned well my boy. I am very proud of you. On this day, you cease to be my pupil, and become my equal in this regard." Teranth said, smiling warmly at his son. Shendo shook his head. "Equal in battle.. but nothing else.. In all other things, I will always have more to learn from you." Teranth laughed, clapping his son on the shoulder. "Modest as always. You have a good head on your shoulders, and today, you proved that you know how to keep it there." Shendo winced, and looked down at his shoulder, it was bleeding sluggishly from a minor wound, but it was nothing compared to the way he felt right now. "High praise coming from you.. but, I was not entirely successful." Teranth looked a little worried, but shrugged it off as he said. "Son, let me tell you the final secret of what we do... First blood doesn't matter.. It is the final blow of the battle that determines who walks away." He smiled again. "Don't worry, we'll patch you up, and get you ready for your trip."

The two of them walked in, laughing about the end of the battle. Paul sighed and walked over to them, he poked Shendo's shoulder roughly with his index finger, and the small gash sealed itself intantly. "Be more careful next time. I ain't gonna be around to fix you up again." he said before turning back to finish packing up the things he brought over.

Shendo smiled. "Thanks.. I'll keep that in mind old man." Alita stared at him, confused at the way he treated the old healer. Shendo seemed to understand her confusion, and grinned at her. "Don't worry about it.. He is an old friend, he knows not to take me seriously when I say things like that." Paul rolled his eyes, and finished packing up. "Old friend... I helped bring you into this world lad. Just as I had done for your mother and father.. None of the hospitals around here would care for freaks like us back then."

Teranth went out ot the garage, pulled the cover off of his old bike again, and took the small box he had gotten earlier out of the pocket of his coat. He opened the box, and set the new part to one side. "This should give it a boost... I just hope they don't actually need it." he thought as he began carefully taking parts off of the bike to install the engine part.

The large man ran down the street, and hid behind the dumpster. "What the fuck was that thing... She never showed that kind of power before..." He glared at his empty sleeve, still amazed that not only was he not bleeding, but it didn't seem to hurt at all. He heard his cell phone buzzing quietly in his pocket, again he was surprised, he was sure it had been broken during the fight. He reached over and grabbed it, flipping it open, and holding it to his ear. "Yes?" he said, with a calm that he felt he would never truly feel again. "Where the hell are you? You should have found her by now!" Layla yelled into the phone. He shook his head. "A minor setback.. I need to check on a new lead, she wasn't at the freaks' house after all." "Minor setback! Good god. I am too careful with my words.. if this was anyone else I was talking to, I would never call losing an arm a minor anything!" "I will find her for you. Just give me some time." "Don't disapoint me... I would hate to have to replace you..." she said before hanging up. "Damn bitch... I should go check out that house again.. I might have overlooked something.. but not yet.. wait until they are asleep.." he said to himself, leaning against the dumpster. "This time.. I ain't fooling around.. I'm going to kill them all before they wake up. Then I can look around for the girl."

Shendo sniffed the air around them. "He is still nearby... The man from earlier... Still a threat... I think he plans to return.." He walked purposefully toward the door, only to find Alita standing in the way. "Shendo. You can't go out there now. If he comes back, then fight him here. but out there... He is an assassin... I know who he is.. and what he is capable of.." Shendo looked down at her, but she wasn't done. "He is the one who trained me... It was before my mom hired him.. but I know this is the same man.. He is as evil as they come..." Shendo closed his eyes. "All the more reason to take care of him now... if we wait.. then everyone here is in danger.. I can't know where he would come into the house.. or who he would go for first... I have to take the fight to him. I can take him down... and he will never bother you.... us again..."

Alita stood in his way, not budging an inch. "What good can you do by going out there to die! It doesn't matter if you get rid of him, or any of the others... She will send more.. unless there is no trace for them to follow." Shendo closed his eyes. "Alita... darling... I love you.. and I must protect you... if everyone she sends after us ends up dead, then she will not be able to find anyone willing to track us for any price.." He opened his eyes again. A slight red glow coming to them.

Alita lowered her arms, feeling strangely excited by this change in him, but disturbed at the same time. "I don't know what has come over you... if.. if you think this is the best way.. But.. if you die out there.. I'm going to find a way to bring you back.. so I can kill you again..." Shendo smiled, and bent down to kiss her. "I know you will, that is why I don't intend to die. Stay safe love.. I will return soon." Alita stepped out of his way, and opened the door. "Just.. come back safe.. I'll be waiting.."

Shendo stepped out the door, turned around, and smiled. "I'll be back before dinner is on the table my love. Stay out of trouble. I'm counting on you to keep mom and dad from following me." He snapped his wings open, and took off into the rapidly growing darkness. "I know your scent you son of a bitch... you can't hide from me now.."

Alita closed the door quietly, turning around to see Teranth and Noriku both standing there. "Where did he run off to in such a hurry?" Noriku asked angrily. Alita lowered her eyes to the floor. "He.. went to find someone..." Teranth grabbed her by the shoulders. "He went after that damned assassin didn't he?" he asked, just as angrily as his wife. Alita nodded slowly. "He said... it was the only way to make sure you were all safe... To keep me safe...." Noriku swore loudly as she turned to the stand by the door, she reached under the top of it, and grabbed the small gun she kept there. Teranth, released Alita, not as gently as he had intended, but he was not in the mood to care right now. "Which way did he go? We will go get him and bring him back." he growled.

Alita rubbed her shoulder, and looked fearfully at Teranth. "I... I don't know which way he went... but.. he wanted you.." "Damnit! I'm not going to stay behind while he goes out to fight a fools battle! Figure out which way he went, and lets go!" Teranth roared. Alita glared up at him, somehow his anger giving her more confidence. "He told me to keep you from following. And I will do it even if I have to knock your ass out to do it!" she said, bringing her hands up, and settling into a fighting stance. "I may not be as good with a blade as you are.. but I know damn well I can take you in a fist fight. So calm down before you make me do what I don't want to do!" Teranth glared at her. "You... would fight us after everything we have done for you..." Noriku grabbed her husband's wrist, and pulled his hand down. "Yes she would... She understands why he didn't want us there.. It would be a distraction.. especially me... and you know he would want you to stay here to keep me safe just in case the bastard got away from him.. We can't go..." she said before turning to look out the window. "The assassin is hurt... he won't be a match for Shendo if he is able to concentrate on what he is doing.."

Teranth looked stunned, switching his gaze between the two women rapidly. "If I went with him..." Alita kept her eyes down toward the floor. "Neither of us alone would be a match for the man who is out there... if Shendo can't keep him from getting away.. You would come back to a couple of corpses.. and the assassin would be gone... Please... stay with us. I... I've never been this scared before..." she began to cry as she admitted what she saw as her own weakness. Teranth felt the effects of her uncontrollable ability, but suppressed the urge to do something about it as he slowly put his arms around the girl in front of him. "Alita... it is okay to be afraid.. Just try to relax.. and have faith in Shendo.. my son is very strong.. in every way you could imagine.." Alita leaned against Teranth, crying on his shoulder as he held her. A small voice in her mind telling her. "If he is so strong, then he must have wanted what happened earlier..." She tried to ignore that voice as she forced herself to calm down a little

Shendo flew through the air, all of his senses alert for any sign of the assassin. He smelled the man long before he could see him, the blood of his previous victims still tainted his hands, and was easily detected by Shendo's keen nose. "Hiding with the rest of the garbage... typical... Soon you will lie in it forever.." He landed several yards away, but on the same side of the dumpster as the assassin. The growing twilight shrouded Shendo in a cloak of darkness, disguising his features to the point that even his own mother would have a hard time recognizing him.

The large man stood up upon seeing the figure land in front of him, his hand shaking slightly as he drew his remaining dagger. "Who are you!?" he demanded, his voice shaking almost as much as his hand. Shendo's eyes blazed red at that moment as he folded his wings, and drew his blade. "You won't be alive long enough to remember my name..." he said coldly as he walked toward his target.

As afraid as he was, the assassin didn't allow himself to be caught off guard, he lunged at Shendo, hoping that he could get a lucky strike against what he thought was the demon from before. Shendo batted the blade to one side, then slashed his own at the assassin, slicing him three times in the time it would take to blink. The assassin fell to the ground in four seperate pieces as Shendo cleaned his blade, sheathed it, and walked away, vapor rose from the rapidly spreading pool of crimson fluid. "Fear.. is the most powerful weapon of all..." he thought as he spread his wings, and flew home.

Alita watched out the window, wishing with all her heart that Shendo would be home soon, ignoring the part of her that told her to hate him for giving in to what the demon did, and hoping he hadn't been overconfident in his abilities. Noriku was even more worried, but chose to keep busy instead of standing around, she moved around the kitchen, making something for them to eat for dinner. Teranth sat where he could see both of them, his back to the wall, and his blade hanging loosely at his side, ready to be drawn at a moment's notice. "As crazy as he acted tonight... I can't help but feel that not only will Shendo return safely.. but that I should probably be feeling a little sorry for the assassin.." Teranth thought, all of his senses fully alert for anything out of the ordinary.

Shendo landed on the front porch of his home, and folded his wings before opening the door. Alita imediately ran over and threw her arms around him. He smiled, and embraced her tightly. "So.. did I make it back in time?" he asked her quietly, glancing toward the kitchen as Noriku set the plates on the table. Alita couldn't help but laugh at him as he picked her up, and moved toward the table. "Barely.." she whispered into his ear as they sat down to eat.

The following week passed too quickly for everyone in the house, but finally the day of their departure had arrived. Shendo and Alita stood in the front yard, waiting for the surprise that Teranth had promised them. Teranth stood in the garage, making a few final adjustments to the bike, though he knew that he was just prolonging the time he would say goodbye. Noriku came out of the house, and with tears in her eyes, she hugged Shendo, and then Alita. "Call me as soon as you get there... And please.. be careful.." Shendo smiled slightly, clearly one step away from tears himself. "Mom... I'll miss you... but don't worry, we will be careful.." Alita hugged Noriku tightly. "This has been one of the best weeks ever... I wish we didn't have to go.. but I know that my mom won't give up on finding me.. and I won't put you in danger anymore." Noriku smiled. "Having you here has been wonderful dear.. but all good things do come to an end eventually.. Take care of eachother. And don't hesitate to call if you need anything."

Teranth opened the garage door, and wheeled the motorbike out into the driveway, standing it up before moving toward his son. Shendo embraced his father tightly, and then stepped back. Teranth smiled up at his son. "Today is the day.. I want you to take the old bike with you.. I tuned her up as best I could. And I know she will get you where you are goin' if you take care of her." He placed the keys in Shendo's hand, and then moved to the side to stand in front of Alita. "Well little girl. You ready for the big world outside of the city?" Alita laughed. "I think the question is... Is the big world ready for me." She hugged him just as tightly as she had done with Noriku, surprising him a little, but he hugged her back. "Take care.. Both of you. No matter where you go.. know that you will always have a home here."

Alita and Shendo both nodded, slipping their sunglasses on, their trenchcoats already on their backs, though Shendo's had to be altered to accomodate his wings. "You ready kitten?" He asked, turning toward her. "Waitin on you darlin'." she said. Both of them nearly laughing as they climbed onto the bike. Rather than bringing a lot of stuff with them, they would carry enough money to buy what they needed once they arrived. Except for their weapons of course, Shendo had strapped his to his back, while Alita's were kept at her sides. Alita wrapped her arms around him from behind as he settled onto the front of the bike. "Lets ride.." he said as he started it up. Instead of the roaring of a standard engine, they heard a gentle purring sound as they started moving.

"Well, there they go...off to start their new lives..." Teranth said quietly as he put his arm around Noriku. Noriku sighed. "Did we do the right thing... sending them off like that..?" Teranth shook his head. "We will never know the answer to that... In my experience.. it is not whether something is right or wrong... but whether it works out or not that truly matters.." He sighed as he watched the bike go around the corner. "Things are going to get pretty dull around here without them..." Noriku squeezed his hand, and grinned up at him. "I'm sure we can find a way to keep things interesting.."

"How could she possibly have dissappeared? You were supposed to be looking for her in all of the areas she had been seen... You have plenty of men at your disposal, why didn't you find her?" Layla asked, strangely calm as she walked around her current batch of hunters. "I had such good recomendations for all of you. How is it you have falied me so terribly?" One of them stepped foreward from the group, a short young woman. "Please mistress Shendana. It seems we were given false infomation. We found no one matching the descriptions you gave us in any of the locations specified.. nor in any other locations inside the city.. We searched four miles out in every direction.. If she is anywhere near the city.. she has changed her appearance somehow..." "I don't have any need for your excuses fool! If she is not in the city, then you must go to all of those nearby as well. Find her, and bring her back to me!" The shorter woman nodded slightly to one of those at her side. Layla turned around to face the window. "I must say.. such incompetence is hardly going to look good for your future employment prospects..." The larger of the two men in the room rushed foreward, and slammed a small knife into the center of Layla's back. "Sorry, you pay well.. but we had a better offer. Man calls himself Brother Blood. Strange man, but his money's good." the three of them walked out of the room, leaving Layla's body for security to find.

Shendo and Alita arrived in the city without any incident. An event that left both of them feeling a little uneasy, but they relaxed soon enough. It has been a year now since they had arrived, though they still live together, and sleep in the same bed, they haven't ever gotten closer than that.

Shendo stepped out of the shower, a little worried about Alita, she hadn't returned from work yet. As he dried himself off, he thought. "She is probably out with that doctor again.. what is this.. the third date? fourth? Doesn't really matter... eventually she will get tired of him.. Or he will get tired of her.. She seems to drive all of them away except me.. but she won't let me get any closer either.." He knew that while he loved her, it was never going to be a more serious relationship. "Hell, any time I try to suggest it she finds another boyfriend.. at least I know none of them get any further than I do.." He realized he was being a bit unfair to her. While she had been living completely celibate, he had been going through 'special friends' fast enough that he could barely remember all of their names. "I can't help it... I go for awhile without one.. and then I just can't control myself... its either that.. or I would hurt her... At least this way everyone gets to enjoy it... and no one gets hurt.." He was a little embarrassed about having to feed that hunger, but he also realized that it could be much worse.

Alita sat across the restaurant table from the handsome young man who was her date, this was not the doctor Shendo had been thinking of, she had dumped that one a few days ago, this was a new man that she had met at work. "Alita.. you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met." he said, gazing into her eyes. Alita sighed. "Here we go.. another one trying to get in my pants on the first date.." "Simon.. I'm sorry, but I just don't think you are my type." She said as she stood up from the table. He stood up at the same time as she did. "What do you mean by that? All I said is that you are beautiful. you haven't even gotten to know me yet.." Alita turned away, and started walking toward the door. "Simon, you and I both know what you were thinking when you said that, don't even try to hide it."

Alita swung one leg over the motorbike they traveled on, Shendo let her use it for work since he could fly anywhere he needed to go. As she reached down to start it, she was hit from behind by a lead pipe, she fell to the ground, barely conscious enough to hear the man who had hit her say. "Bitch! Thought you could get off that easily? Nobody walks away from me like that!" Simon bent down to grab her by the shirt. "I'm gonna make you suffer bitch... No one can help you now." There was a soft thumping sound behind him as a dark figure landed. It spoke in a low, cold voice. "Step away from the girl. And you will live long enough to learn a lesson from this." Simon spun around. "Screw you man. She is mine!" Shendo laughed, then spoke again, the icy edge of his voice cutting through the warm night air. "She belongs to no one but herself.. This is your last warning.. Drop the weapon.. or die.." his eyes exploded in a bright flash of crimson light as the man backed away, stumbling over the garbage in the alleyway as he tried to run.

Alita stood up slowly, rubbing her head. "Out hunting again?" Shendo shook his head. "I was just getting out of the shower.. when I felt that you were in trouble.." Alita sighed. "I could have handled him.. You didn't have to come here." Shendo smiled slightly. "I know I didn't have to.. but I did.. and now you won't be in trouble for hurting him." Alita couldn't help but smile. She couldn't quite tell how she felt about him anymore, but she had to admire him. "I almost wish he wasn't so damn attractive... but as hard as I try.. I can't get over seeing him with that... thing... Damnit.. Do I still love him... did I ever love him.. Or have I just been playing with his feelings this whole time."

Shendo looked down at her. "Will you be alright.. or should I stay with you to make sure you make it home..?" Alita sighed. "I'm fine.. I'll see you back at the house.." "I know he has had plenty of lovers... but have they meant anything to him.. Do I mean anything to him... or is he protecting me because he feels like he owes me from our days at school..?" She shook her head as she climbed back onto the bike. "I know he feels bad for what he has to do.. But is that because he fucks them without any commitment to them... or because he feels like he is hurting me when he does it.."

Shendo took off toward the house, his eyes scanning the ground as he flew overhead. He could feel his hunger growing as he flew along, but decided that tonight was not a good night. He would hold off until the next day at least. "Maybe I should spend my time trying to find a more permanent arrangement... it would be easier if I didn't have to play these games... but.. I can't help myself.. I think I love Alita.. but she won't help me.. I know she would enjoy it.. but she said no.. and I will honor that... She doesn't understand what it is like... feeling this around her... I know this hunger of mine disgusts her... but I think part of her wishes she dared to give in to me... If only I could convince her..." He brushed that thought aside, and thought instead of where he would go to find his next "meal" "Maybe Learethanel was right.. everyone gives into their desires eventually... maybe I should just take her... even if she didn't want it at first.. she would enjoy it in the end.." He shook his head violently. "What are you thinking.. That is not the way you are... You made that promise to yourself when you first felt the hunger... no unwilling victims... Seduction of the innocent is one thing... but.. that is as far as I will ever go..." "Are you sure about that?" a strange voice said in his mind. It was a pleasant voice, but at the same time, it was colder than the one he used to frighten people into avoiding a fight.

"I can use a man of your abilities.. Come to me, and your appetites shall be filled any time you desire!" Shendo shook his head, and landed in front of his home. "Never... I won't do it... Get out of my head asshole.." He folded his wings against his back, and walked inside. To this day, he hasn't heard that voice in his mind again.

Another month passed. Shendo fed his hunger again, and again. Each of those he picked out was left with the memory of a wonderful night, but each memory differed in that they each remembered him differently. The young men he chose, usually saw him as a commanding presence, willing to please, and be pleased in turn. The young women usually saw him as a gentle soul, who comforted them even as he brought them to the peak of pleasure.

Sometimes he still cried about those people, for he usually never saw them again. He ran into one of them, a woman who looked more like a young girl of maybe thirteen years, just outside of his home. It was an awkward meeting, but he remembered it better than any other, not only did she welcome him back to her bed, but she even offered to see him again if he wanted. He told her. "Look for me by the light of the full moon tomorrow night. I will give you my answer then." but in his heart he knew that what his mind said was far more accurate. "Don't throw your life away on me... I may have been your first.. but I won't be your last.."

He and Alita decided they would go out together three nights after this, he had been with one person between now and then, and hadn't thought about this girl at all since then. It would not be a date, just a chance to hang out like they used to. He flew along above her as she drove the bike around town. Both looking for something they could do together. For the first time since it had started, Shendo could not feel his terrible hunger. "Maybe it is gone... Or I could just be having too much fun to notice it.." He was happier than he had been since the day they left his parent's home, and somehow, he knew that Alita felt the same.

Alita glanced up to see Shendo still flying above her. She smiled slightly before returning her eyes to the road "We arent even doing anything yet.. and already I am having more fun than all of the dates I have been on this year combined... I just wish I knew what that means.." She turned a sharp corner to avoid going into the downtown area. This night, they would try to avoid trouble if they could.

Alita parked the bike in front of the movie theater, she stayed on it for the moment though, she was just checking the sign. "Anything good playing?" she asked herself, though she hadn't really been paying attention to the movie trailers shown on TV, she had a pretty good idea of what she would like. "Not really.. but maybe we should go in anyway.. it would be a nice change."

Shendo circled her one last time, he saw something happening in the crowd in front of the theater, but couldn't see what it was. He finally decided not to worry about it, and landed next to Alita. "Anything you want to go see?" he asked, keeping one eye on the crowd.

Alita shook her head. "Not really but... what are you looking at?" Shendo watched as a single, seemingly young girl ran out of the crowd. She was carrying a small package, held tighly to her chest. He saw another young woman, this one wearing a cloak of some kind, and levitationg over them all, she followed the other girl, obviously in pursuit of her for some purpose. Shendo shook his head, but made no move to stop either of them at first. He couldn't see the features of the one in the air, but it was obvious that the one on the ground was afraid of something. "A fair chase... if the hunter catches her, then she is caught.." but as he thought that, several others burst from the crowd, one, a young man who had features like a bird. Another was green, and looked to have the form of a dinosaur. the Third of the group was a large, muscular sort of individual, but Shendo couldn't tell exactly what he looked like, most of his features were obscured by large metalic plates that looked to be attached to his body.

Alita watched the first girl run by, and stepped off of the bike quickly. Shendo glared at those pursuing the young girl. "Four to one... Hardly fair odds. Is this what this city is coming to?!" he roared as he stepped into their way. the one with the birdlike features tried to jump over him, and as he passed, he yelled out. "Titans, Go!" Shendo caught him by the ankle with one hand, and launched him toward the large metalic man. "If you want the girl, you'll have to go through me!" he growled, his wings spread wide, and his expression as cold as ever. The birdman landed on his feet in front of the large one. "We don't have time for this. Take him down!" he cried, pulling a long staff out of nowhere as he charged at Shendo. Alita stepped out from behind him and jumped toward the green animal, her foot caught him in the side of the head as she landed. "Too slow dear." she said, almost giggling as she danced back from the large one's fist.

Shendo drew his blade, at first playing an entirely defensive game with the smaller man. Catching each strike either with his sword, or with his free hand. "Stand down fools. There is no need for you to die this night." he said calmly. "The birdman is quick... gotta watch him..." he thought, nowhere near as calm as he tried to sound.

The young girl stopped running, silently cursing her would-be rescuer. "Damnit.. he can't be one of ours, or he wouldn't have screwed up our ambush.. Oh well.. I'll hide, and see how the 'heroes' do..." She disappeared from the streets entirely just as the cloaked woman flew overhead. She turned around to go help her friends, having lost the other girl for the moment.

Alita rolled to the side as the large man fired the blaster attached to his arm, she watched in horror as the beam sped directly for Shendo. Shendo shoved the birdman back just in time to catch the blast on his blade, it drove him back on the concrete, but otherwise he was unharmed. "The animal is still down.. the cloaked one is still out there somewhere... the birdman comes at me again. And the large one has his hands full with Alita... gotta watch these bastards closely.. no telling what they could be capable of.." He blocked a series of swipes from the birdman's staff as he planned his next move.

"Man who are these guys?" The large one said as he failed another attack against Alita. Alita danced back again, smiling slightly. "We could be asking you the same question handsome." she said. "Good god.. am I actually flirting with someone who is trying to beat the hell out of me.. I guess so... Ive never had this much fun in a fight before.."

"I don't know who they are, but they are in the way." the birdman said angrily, launching another series of attacks against Shendo. Shendo was losing patience with the birdman at this point. "He attacks so quickly.. but leaves no openings... Time to change the rules of this game." Shendo smiled slightly. "Such a lovely creature you are." he said, manuvering his way in closer. the birdman's movements faultered for just a moment, and Shendo took that oportunity to slam a fist into his stomach, sending him flying back a few feet. He then held out his hand toward him, summoning the dark flames that came so easily to him now as he turned them on the birdman.

The animal got slowly to its feet, changing in form to that of an elephant as it charged toward Shendo. Shendo took to the air, holding the flames on the birdman as he flipped over, and landed in nearly the exact space he had been standing in.

Alita ducked under another blow, rising up and delivering a hard kick to the underside of his shoulder before fliping back away from him. At first he seemed to ignore the blow, but sparks flew from the joint, and several wires poked through it as his arm fell limp at his side. Satisfied that she had disabled his blaster for the moment, Alita went back to the rest of the fight, turning her attention once again on the green animal.

the birdman lay helpless within the dark flames as Shendo walked toward him. "It has been fun birdman.. but I must finish it now.. Too bad.. you really are.. quite lovely.." he kept his attention focused on his current opponent, not wanting to underestimate him. the result of this was that he didn't see the one in the cloak return to the battle. Alita shouted a warning at him, he turned around just in time to be hit with a large truck encased in a strange black energy. Shendo went down in a heap to one side, his blade landing several feet away.

Alita swore under her breath, hoping that he would be alright, but knowing that she was on her own in this fight. She had been paying too much attention to what happened to Shendo, that she didnt see the green horse as it kicked her in the stomach. She landed near Shendo, and tried to push herself to her feet, but found a large metalic foot pressed against her chest.. "Finally caught me did you handsome?" she said calmly, though her mind was racing trying to figure a way out of this.

The birdman was slow to get to his feet, still feeling weak from the draining effect of the flames, but he was strong enough to stand, so he did so. He walked over to Alita, glaring down at her. "Who are you?!" he demanded in his usual commanding tone. Alita glared back at him. "I bet you would like to know wouldn't you featherhead." The cloaked woman landed nearby. "I lost her. Any idea who these two are?" she said in a voice that seemed calm despite the injuries to her friends.

"Take them into custody.. the police can deal with them.. We have to concentrate on finding their hideout so we can rescue Starfire." He turned around at that point, staring off down the street in silence. Darkness engulfed the group, and a deep, cold voice spoke out of it. "Another time Titans... another time.." When the darkness faded, Alita and Shendo were nowhere to be found.

Alita found herself in a strange room, with no memory of how she got there. "Where the hell am I?" she said aloud, not expecting a response. "You are safe for the moment Alita Shendana.. If you want to remain that way, you will listen to what we have to say.." she recognized the voice as the same one that had spoken out of the darkness back at the movie theater. "Where is Shendo?!" she demanded, glaring at the empty room. "His injuries are being tended at the moment, you can check on him later my dear.." Alita stood up as the wall in front of her opened up, a tall, handsome man with red hair stepped into the room. "We have been watching you for some time now... I have a proposition for you.. the same one that will be made to the young man you were with when he wakes up.." Alita glared at him. "What do you want with me?" the man smiled at her. "The ones who hurt both of you are known as The Teen Titans.. They seem to exist to cause trouble for us.. My offer is that you join our group. We can defeat them if we stick together."

Alita looked down. "And if I refuse?" The man looked at her. "Then we throw you back to the wolves.. The false law that is all this city knows." Alita smiled slightly. "I guess I don't have much choice in the matter.. For what its worth. I accept your offer.." the man turned around. "We will get your dormitory set up for you.." as he walked out of the room, Alita took a step toward him. "Wait... Who are you?" The man turned back to her for a moment. "I am known as Brother Blood.. Remember the name well young Alita.." Alita sat back down on the bed, her entire body ached, but she didnt seem to have any serious injuries.

Shendo opened his eyes slowly, he felt horrible, but angry at the same time. He found that he couldn't move, someone had strapped him to a bed in a strange room. "Please don't try to move young sir.. You will aggravate your injuries further." a sweet voice said from somewhere to his left. "Where am I..?" Shendo asked. "You are in The Hive infirmary.. please.. remain still, I am going to remove your restaints now." the voice said . he felt it closer this time, but he obeyed it for the time being. He hurt enough just sitting there that he didn't want to even think of trying to move.

Shendo head a strange sliding noise somewhere to his right, and say a long shadow enter the room. "How is the patient?" a strange voice asked. Shendo could tell that whoever the first voice belonged to was moving toward the second. "Cracked ribs, a concussion.. and ten times the usual teenage stubborn streak. He mends quickly.. should only be a few days before he is on his feet again." the sweet voice replied. "Very well, go tend to your other patients. I will be done in a moment." He felt the second figure come up closer to him. "What do you want.. Don't think I don't recognize your voice.. You've been speaking into my mind for much of the past year.." Shendo said calmly. Brother blood stood over him. "I have a proposition for you young Shendo.. You and that too lovely girl with you took on the Teen Titans on your own.. and if you hadn't underestimated them, you may have won." Somehow, Shendo sensed a smile from the figure next to him. "I want you to join us.. Your strength added to ours will bring them to their knees." Shendo stared up at the ceiling, then closed his eyes. "What do I get out of this?"

Brother Blood leaned over so Shendo would see his face upon opening his eyes. "I know the hunger that ravages you.. I know how you can feed it.. without having to search for a willing man or woman.. There are many here who often engage in such pleasures. Just being around that should help hold off your hunger. And just as they engage in such things with eachother. I am certain that there will be at least one that will do so with you." Shendo forced himself not to laugh, knowing how much it would hurt. "You seem to know much about me.. but tell me. If you lack the strength to defeat the Teen Titans on your own.. What good will it do me to join up with you? I would have finished the birdman off if that cloaked bitch hadn't come back. The rest would have fallen soon after.. Those two are their strongest by my estimation." Brother blood leaned down close to him, whispering in his ear. "Havent you wondered what it was like to belong to something... to feel like you can leave your home without being stared at? We can give you that.. All you have to do is join us.."

Shendo turned his head to the side. "Where is Alita?" Brother Blood stood back up. "She is in a room next to yours.. As soon as her new quarters are ready, she will be given free run of our facility. She has already accepted our offer you see.." he turned his back on Shendo, walking toward the exit. "What will it be.. Join us.. or spend the rest of your life feeling hunted.. and being the hunter.. All the while, people you have come to care about will be in danger." He turned around again, taking an object from the nurse as he moved. "Before you answer.. I offer you a small token of our good will.. Something to show our sincerity.. I believe this belongs to you." he said, holding Shendo's sword over him as he lay in the bed. Shendo turned his head back to stare at him, one hand grasping the hilt of his sword. "I... I accept your offer..." "I thought so.. Now get some rest. I believe the girl will be in here to check on you later.." Shendo lay back against his pillows, smiling to himself, and holding the blade across his chest. "So.. that was the infamous Brother Blood... He does have a way with words.. but I don't trust him.. I'll stay because Alita has chosen to follow these people.. and it will be my best chance to get back at those fools.." He fell asleep again in a matter of moments, the first time in over a year that he had fallen asleep without someone else in his bed.

Alita stared at the wall for a few more minutes, then got tired of sitting there, and walked over to it. To her surprise, it opened in front of her, and a young woman in a nurses uniform stood on the other side. "Your friend is doing better. I have been instructed to take you to see him if you would like." Alita looked at her. "I would like that. And cut the sweet act hun. It don't suit you at all." The young woman shrugged, her form shifting to that of a humanoid tiger. "I didn't think it would fool you little one. Now come along. Maybe he will be awake for you."

Alita followed the muscular female to another room. As the wall opened in front of her, she ran through it after seeing Shendo laying on the bed inside. He opened one eye slowly upon hearing them enter. "Hey there kitten... you feeling better?" he said quietly. Alita moved to embrace him, but her arm was caught by the other woman in the room. "I wouldn't.. unless you wish to hurt him further.." she whispered. Alita moved closer again, smiling slightly. "I'm fine... but you arent..." Shendo chuckled weakly. "I know... I think that is the last time I'm gonna let anyone hit me with a truck..." Alita laughed, though in truth she felt more like crying. "I should have seen that bitch earlier... then she wouldn't have had a chance to hit you at all.." Shendo pressed a finger against her lips, ignoring the pain he felt at moving even this slight amount. "It isn't your fault.. I didn't see her either. and you did warn me in time for me to try to lessen the impact a bit... I don't know if it worked or not though.."

Alita stood up straighter. "I should go... you need rest..." She turned to walk away, but stopped when she felt his hand on her own. "Alita.. Be careful...I can tell that there are some in this place with worse appetites than my own... and they do not care how the feed them..." Alita smiled at him. "I'll be careful.. but you know I can take care of myself.."

Shendo smiled at her. "I know you can.. That is why I only ask that you be careful.. I should be fine in a few days.. try to find out some more about this place.. Where things are at least.." Alita nodded as he took his hand away from her's. "I'll see what I can do... rest now.." As she left, Shendo turned his head to the side, smiling slightly as he saw that not only was his sword still on the table where he had left it, but his clothes had been cleaned, and set next to it. "Maybe they can be trusted... Or maybe they are just trying to get me completely on their side.."

Alita returned to the room she had been in, still feeling more like a prisoner inside of it, but it was all she had at the moment. She lay back on the bed, her hands behind her head as she looked up at the ceiling. "Shendo is a little paranoid... but he is right.. there is something odd about this place.. and the people in it.."

Later that night, the nurse returned to her room, and led her toward the main section of what she now knew was a school of sorts. She followed eagerly, memorizing each of the turns they made so she could find her way around again later. "Your room is just down this way. All of your things from your old home have been retrieved, and placed inside.. Its up to you to unpack them all." the nurse said as they came to a long hallway. She stopped in front of a door and smiled. "Here is your new home dear.. Welcome to The HIVE."
The OCA

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Dark Leomon - 03-08-2007, 06:00 PM
[No subject] - by Dark Leomon - 03-08-2007, 06:01 PM