Join our server on Discord

Why do Bad Things Happen to People?
Hey, with divorce, losing stuff, and getting a job, I can feel for ya. Actually I am convinced forgetting things is genetic since everybody on my dads side of the family has problems trying to remember things like NOT to turn off the oven. Yeah, a couple years ago me dad messed up dinner because he forgot he was cooking anything.

Me ma and dad have been divorced since I was in the first grade. The divorce hit me kinda hard, especially since I have always had an extreme case of ADHD. So here I am, in a neighborhood with many happily married parents, loads of money to piss away, and they happen to know everybody very well. If my folks were still together and not fretting over each other and our finances so much they would have realized they were almost ignoring me and the fact that I virtually had no friends. Yeah, kinda hit me hard, was part of why I was depressed through most my grade-school years and why by the sixth grade I was already one grade short of failing. I still say I should have failed, but whatever.

The best advice I can give to you is get over it, especially at your age. You should be living your own life by now. After the GED you should be fine. There will be times when your parents will try and get you to do the classic "who do you love more?" and I have great adivce for that. Simply state you do not want to get involved in their relationship. Or do what I did and say "I don't like either of you until you both shut-up," but I don't suggest that.

As far as jobs go I am currently jobless and looking, but I am going to take a winter job up at the mountains where some of me family lives and works. (Any skiiers or snowboarders living in SoCal please try and visit Mt.Baldy during the winter.) You think it is tough now to get a job, I applied for three places and they all turned me down since I was not 18 yet. These three places were Radio Shack, Dairy Queen, and GameStop... three stores teens should be able to work at. All I can say you probably already know about: go into town, look for anybody who is hiring, and apply to everybody you see. If more than one job accepts you, then take two jobs or simply choose the job you want to work at the most.

Blessed Be,
~Arrowhead~

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by urban dream - 11-21-2003, 04:28 AM
[No subject] - by milk me! - 11-21-2003, 05:13 AM
[No subject] - by Arrowhead - 12-01-2003, 02:59 PM
[No subject] - by UnknownH - 12-03-2003, 03:33 AM
[No subject] - by N0gg - 12-09-2003, 02:11 PM
[No subject] - by Gabu - 05-12-2004, 11:13 PM
[No subject] - by Nate Hunter - 05-24-2004, 07:32 AM
[No subject] - by mowgly - 05-24-2004, 07:53 AM