Join our server on Discord

Blackout Victims
Well indeed it was pretty bad, especially for those poor, poor people who are still suppose to be stuck without electricity. We got lucky here. Only bad thing is that I was putting together my news paper to be delivered and my comp was defragmenting drive C when it happened and BOOM! No power. Looks like we're having barbequed stakes and potatoes tonight kids. Toss in some broccoli salad and a normal green salad and it was a pretty normal meal aside from the fact that slowly but surely the AC air inside our home began to become normal, 'outside' hot air. So indeed we delivered newspapers and it was so frickin' interesting to see most of the neighbourhood just walking around, doing friggin' nothing! I felt an strange sense of awe and wonder and strange joyous, satisfaction that these people were being forced to socialize and come together under extreme circumstances thus proving that if we aren't all dead due to some apocalypse, we'll help each other(hopefully :D ) Anyway, so after delivering newspapers I'm sitting at home and it is gradually getting darker and I want to write some story. But the damn comp ain't workin' so I says to myself I says: "I'm gonna grab a pen and some paper and write the old fashion way!" Yeah right, cause then it gets dark and I can't see anymore so I never wrote anything. I called my friend up at 9-ish and we talked for an hour and half cause he didn't want me to leave him 'alone' in the boredom. Anywho, before we said our good byes he warned me to disconnect my comp because the sudden power surge could fry them so I did. Then I listened to our battery operated radio and disconnect the TV, and our boom box so as to do as that energy guy recommended. Anyway, what have I learned from this experience? That batteries are still widely useful today and that the phone will always be our most important method of communicatiing over long distances. I also learnt that people come together under disastrous circumstances but are otherwise asses under normal circumstances, well not all the time, but some people are. Also, indeed I do deliver newspapers, that's right, and I make over a hundred every month, except I gots to spli it with my sis cause she does one side of the street and I do the other although my side of the street has more houses on it MEH :P ) Anyway so I'm done rambling and my stupid GBA SP was RECHARGING SO I COULDN"T PLAY IT AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH the fates were agaisnt me. DAMN IT! Ah well, it is raining outside now and it is 8:30 on Saturday morning and I slept at one last night, why am I not sleeping in? I unno, I never sleep in. Anyway, I'll shut up now and go stare at some art.

Messages In This Thread
Blackout Victims - by Darkfox - 08-16-2003, 05:27 AM
[No subject] - by Waru_the_Magnificent - 08-16-2003, 07:28 AM
[No subject] - by Tazer - 08-16-2003, 08:02 AM
[No subject] - by urban dream - 08-16-2003, 08:08 AM
[No subject] - by Blackwargreymon Lover - 08-16-2003, 10:20 AM
[No subject] - by urban dream - 08-16-2003, 10:33 AM
[No subject] - by Angeteen - 08-16-2003, 11:16 AM
[No subject] - by Darkfox - 08-16-2003, 11:54 AM
[No subject] - by InsaneImpmon - 08-16-2003, 12:35 PM
[No subject] - by fatpat60 - 08-16-2003, 10:29 PM
[No subject] - by Anus Individual 20 - 08-16-2003, 11:27 PM