Join our server on Discord

What's in a Title?!?
Hey guys,

Topic says it all. How do you all name your stories? I can sit at my computer for days, staring at my work, and never think of a title! It's maddening!

Any Advice?
[Image: Rainbow_Dash_haters_gonna_hate.gif]

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
I like to think of either clever puns or references to existing slangs or whatever. I'm horrible with titles though. Good authors seem to name the titles to reflect the content of the corresponding read. That is to say, someone writing about an adventure revolving around a volcano would title their work as something like: "Hot Trip.", or somebody talking about aliens would speak: "Contact of the X Type."

The general tip people seem to follow is to do just that.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Generally, I pick out a word or phrase that best sums up the piece...or you could give a short punchline about the general plot e.g for a rika and renamon yuri BDSM you could have "Violent Passions"

Maybe we could give you some suggestions for stories you have yet to name, if you give us a general idea of what the story is about.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
@DragonMasterX
I attempted to do that but I couldn't decide which one!
Why do I have to be so indecisive?! :(

I mean, it took me, like, a week just to think of the name for a character!
Stupid ME!

@Guilmon and a Shotgun
One work that has no title?
My story "Needs A Title" in the Original Fiction Section

See that guy, he's a drifter! But drifting leads to Bickering, Bickering leads to Karate, and Karate leads to flying around between windows and shit! Then a big guy starts shooting lightning everywhere and Kurt Russell Shows up and Kicks his Ass!
Titles try to give an idea of the underlying tones within the story itself. Like DragonMaster X and Guilmon and a Shotgun have said already, those are two usual examples. Some give obvious links, while others try to make the reader pause and think for a moment.

Trust me, a good title credits off in the long run. :P
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Thanks for the advice guys!

Thanks for the Epic Title, GMSG!

Off Topic:
Nice sig, Kyosan!

Haha, thanks. It's just really to portray my characters really that I use on here. Glad someone seems to like it XD
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds