Digiartists' Domain Community!
The Best Last Stands. - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: The Lobby (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: The Best Last Stands. (/showthread.php?tid=8346)

Pages: 1 2

The Best Last Stands. - ParkerXD - 03-27-2009

Wasn't sure where to put this, so i compromised and thought here was safe.

What would be your best last stand from a movie or game, where a character either survivs or dies, what would be your favourite?

I recently watched Dog soldiers and thought Private "Spoon" Witherspoons was the best, with him taking on 2 werewolves with his bare hands and various bits of china off the wall. He nearly kills one of the furred creatures before being backhanded and eaten by the second one. He takes one on with nothing but a bread knife, that would be a great way to go, not exactley heroic because he barricades his team mates outside once they ran up stairs without him but still...

What would you consider to be the best Last stand scene?

RE: The Best Last Stands. - Disturbed - 03-27-2009

Super Bowl XXXIV (34)

Tennessee Titans are driving down to score the go ahead touch down that would win them the game. Steve McNair gets them down to the 13 yard line. Last play of the game McNair drops back and throws caught. And as the time expires the receiver stretches his arm out for the end zone, but comes up one yard short. Rams win the Super Bowl.

RE: The Best Last Stands. - Guilmon and a shotgun - 03-27-2009

The scene in The Matrix where Mouse dies.

come on, two big machine guns firing like crazy and destroying stuff is gotta be the way to go right?

RE: The Best Last Stands. - BigD - 03-27-2009

(03-27-2009, 08:24 AM)Guilmon and a shotgun Wrote: The scene in The Matrix where Mouse dies.

come on, two big machine guns firing like crazy and destroying stuff is gotta be the way to go right?

Tch, not really. The idea of a last stand is to sell your life dearly, and he didn't get a single kill. Leon: The Proffesional is a better example.

And back when Medal of Honor was the top WWII game, I was playing the last level on Call of Duty Breakthrough, where you have to defend an outpost. Pretty much, I got to the point where I only had my pistol left and I just kept popping away as they came in; when even that ran out of ammo, I managed to pistol-whip a few to death before I got overwhelmed. Now that is the definition of last stand.

RE: The Best Last Stands. - Wisemon - 03-27-2009

For me, it would have to be "Code of Hero" from Transformers Beast Wars. If you've never seen it, look it up on Youtube. It's the greatest episode of any Transformers generation ever. I don't want to give away too much more than that, other than that it's a very well written episode.

Another very notable one would have to be the last episode of Cowboy Bebop. Obviously, that's better writing than any Transformers episode, but it's kind of an obvious pick.

If we're talking about musical last stands, there's a "band" called Zero Down with one CD, "With a Lifetime to Pay." It was the lead singer's last stand before his death. Also fitting would be Nirvana's "You Know You're Right."

RE: The Best Last Stands. - Shadowleader - 03-27-2009

Both the spartan's last stand on onyx. (Ghosts of Onyx: novel).

And the U.S. military's last stand at yonkers, aganst the entire NYC zombie horde. (World War Z:Novel with a movie in production).

More on them later.

RE: The Best Last Stands. - Shadowknight - 03-28-2009

Zabuza's last battle from naruto. The guy took down how many guys, with both his arms useless, and kept fighting even after getting stabbed int he back by like 10 spears.

And same as Wise, that was definately one of, if not the best, beast wars moments.

RE: The Best Last Stands. - DragonMasterX - 03-28-2009

Resident Evil 2, Leon B.

Leon: "Game Over." *Rocket launches towards G-Tyrant* *Boom*

Next,

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

Jill: "You want S.T.A.R.S.?" *Holds up Magnum* "I'll give you S.T.A.R.S." *Pwn*

Gotta love Capcom!

RE: The Best Last Stands. - Guilmon and a shotgun - 03-28-2009

(03-27-2009, 08:40 AM)BigD Wrote: Tch, not really. The idea of a last stand is to sell your life dearly, and he didn't get a single kill.
Yeah, i never understood that. Two heavy machine guns and not one hit? Madness!

(03-28-2009, 03:03 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: Resident Evil 2, Leon B.

Leon: "Game Over." *Rocket launches towards G-Tyrant* *Boom*

Next,

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

Jill: "You want S.T.A.R.S.?" *Holds up Magnum* "I'll give you S.T.A.R.S." *Pwn*

Gotta love Capcom!
For me, Resident Evil was only good as a film. If Milla isn't in it, thats no good!

Alice: I'm missing you already. *pwns her zombified fake husband*

RE: The Best Last Stands. - Bee - 03-28-2009

Look up the war movie Platoon. It had Charlie Sheen and that dude that played Dr. Cox in Scrubs in it.

Basically, two officers didn't like eachother, so, durin a relatively nasty firefight, one picks up a discarded AK-47 from a dead Vietcong, and shoots up the other guy.

Then the choppers come in, and pick up the surviving GIs before it gets too nasty. As the choppers are flying away, it shows the wounded officer running after them, being chased and shot at by hundreds of Vietcong and NVA. It's a really sad scene.

Seriously. Go watch the movie.