Digiartists' Domain Community!
Do you hate your current job? - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: The Lobby (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Do you hate your current job? (/showthread.php?tid=4517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- That One Internet Guy - 06-24-2006

Herr Mullen Wrote:I mean, why is it that Americans say "I have a right to complain; this is America, after all!"? You will never hear a Welshman say "I have a right to complain; this is Wales after all!" When you say "This is America, after all!", you are implying that every other country in the world doesn't have the right to complain.

Any other developed country sure as hell has a right to complain. However, the United States is quite frankly the whining country. Our country was built on whining about British taxes. We whined that we didn't want to get fucked in WW2, so we didn't join in until Japan fucked us. In the last couple of years, we've basically tried to make every other country conform to us, because we whined that our way of life (i.e., being fat, bitching about anything and everything and acting like we own the world because we're a superpower). America was founded, constructed and to this day is supported and operated by whining. Nothing ever gets done in a 'oh, this looks wrong, lets fix it' way, it gets done in a rally of people screaming 'OMG OMG OMG THIS IS RONGG LOLZZ!!!!!!'. Sadly, that's how our country works.

- Herr Mullen - 06-24-2006

Ghost_Op Wrote:
Herr Mullen Wrote:I mean, why is it that Americans say "I have a right to complain; this is America, after all!"? You will never hear a Welshman say "I have a right to complain; this is Wales after all!" When you say "This is America, after all!", you are implying that every other country in the world doesn't have the right to complain.

Any other developed country sure as hell has a right to complain.

...And all the LEDCs can just continue making our trainers.

Why isn't it every person's right?

- blueeyedgabulvo0o - 06-24-2006

Um guys getting back on topic....

WORK SUX!!!!!!

NOW if your works sucks place it in here...Vent and feel free to talk about it...

- That One Internet Guy - 06-24-2006

Herr Mullen Wrote:
Ghost_Op Wrote:

Any other developed country sure as hell has a right to complain.

...And all the LEDCs can just continue making our trainers.

Why isn't it every person's right?

Political discussions might be better carried on in PM's.

- Gunter VanCrimson - 06-24-2006

True- but then again, you're right. This is Romania, and we sure as HELL have the right to speak freely.

I'm gonna do just that, thank you for the enlightenment.

- cboy - 06-24-2006

Okay, things are really starting to go sour at Middleton. We're short-handed in the Commercial department, so they've got us working five nine hour days. Well, my trainer now says that they're talking about having us work seven ten hour days. I'm really not complaining, but Middleton really needs to start hiring Commercial workers and quit focusing on Residential.

Also, a funny thing happened between my trainer and the superintendent yesterday. You see, my trainer doesn't always wear his hard hat, so he was getting his balls busted by the superintendent, who is a die-hard, follow-the-rules-no-matter-what kind of guy.

Well, the superintendent busted his ass three times yesterday for not wearing his hardhat. On the third time, my trainer goes "Listen old man, you see all these other motherfuckers out here wearing baseball caps? Why don't you go yell at them?!" Superintendent tells him to get off the job site and while my trainer is going to get his tools, he points at the superintendent and tells our foreman that "You better get this asshole out of my face" or something to that degree.

My trainer was extremely lucky because he would have been fired if he hadn't called Middleton before the superintendent and given them the true story. The superintendent called Middleton right after my trainer and told them that my trainer had called him "motherfucker" which he hadn't. His only punishment is that he can't work in the building where the superintendent is running things, which is just fine by him.

I've never seen anyone with the balls to talk like that to a superintendent and then get away with it, lol. I'm still laughing about it.

- blueeyedgabulvo0o - 06-24-2006

That sounds awesome and hilarious..Well good luck with that cboy...and I ll wear my hard hat this time.......:P

- DrunkenMunkee - 06-25-2006

haha, awesome. (except for the thing about seven 10 hour days.)

- Crimson Fox - 06-25-2006

Ah yes, funny and very lucky for your trainer.

Oh, and for the seven ten hours day that's terrible, but just wait, one day they'll replace everyone who works with a robot or computer. Grrrr, automation.

- DrunkenMunkee - 06-25-2006

or they could replace the lower level workers with zombies like on Shaun of the Dead. That would make work even worse! XD