Digiartists' Domain Community!
Do you hate your current job? - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: The Lobby (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Do you hate your current job? (/showthread.php?tid=4517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- cboy - 07-05-2006

I've talked it over with my parents and I've realized that I don't know what I'm aiming for in college. Also, they say that to afford college, they would both probably have to get a second job and I would have to bust my ass in my studying. I guess I'll stick to the job. Besides, they say that if I do volunteer work at the fire department, the department will send me to a school to learn how to be an EMT for free, where as taking it in college will cost a pretty penny.

I think one reason the job suddenly lost its purpose is because my trainer was sent to a different job site. I'm going to try and get my boss to make it so I stay with my trainer permanently, because I enjoy working with him and I've learned more under him than anyone else on the job.

- Zephyr of Darkness - 07-05-2006

I think you should go to college if that's what you really want to do. Keep in mind you'll have to devote most of your time and energy to it. If you do it just to get more money, you might end up like me---hating college, hating herself, hating her life, hating God, hating fate.

- cboy - 07-12-2006

Do any of you guys know of jobs where word processing skills are preferred. I'm good at typing and I was hoping I could land a job involving that. Working for Middleton is getting unbearable and I really would like to get a job where I could put my skills to good use.

- DrunkenMunkee - 07-12-2006

I'd say secretary, but I'm sure you already knew of that one. Sorry, can't think of much else off the top of my head.

- cboy - 07-15-2006

I'm going to quit Middleton as soon as I find another job. I'm through working in the heat and the dirt and sweating my ass off.

One of my co-workers suggested this place called the Target Distribution Center. He says there are probably a lot of oppurtunities there for me and I won't have to work in the elements. I put in an application there and hopefully it won't be more than a week before I get a call or call them.

- blueeyedgabulvo0o - 07-15-2006

I have been too......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3652 places for employement; out of these.......
2434 places were only hiring; out of these......
2000 collected applications; out ot these.....
1678 were still hiring when I handed my application; out of these.....
1014 applications handed in with a resume; out of these.......
437 of them called me back requesting additional info; out of these.......
121 asked me to come into a 1st interview; out of these....
40 asked me to come in to a 2nd interview; out of these......
2 asked me to come into a 3rd and final interview; out of these......
0 hired me.......with all the money I could have saved not doing this
let me see........
trains (one full trip is equal to 5$) (I ve been to all the 2nd interviews on trains.) and needed about an extra 40 trips......40+40=80x5=$400
Buses (one bus costs $1.35 on average) ( I ve used the bus half the times I collected the bus so 1000) 1000x1.35=$1350
taxis: ($50 for 2 times) $100
Food: ($7 on averageand about the same number of requests so about 450) 7x450=$3150
Misc: (other things, lets guesstimate.) $500
Combined total: 400+1350=1750+100=1850+3150=5000+500=5500......
Total gained from working: $0

I dont know why they think I am so incapable, I just handed in my thousand 14th....I cold have used that money elsewhere....$5500 dollars wasted all for nothing......nothing....

- aguy - 07-15-2006

Too bad you don't live where I do there are plenty of jobs, heck the company I work for needs more employees. Why didn't the places hire you? You sound like a good employee.

- fred_18 - 07-15-2006

to answer that question, this is america, they say they need employees but they are either not qualified or some damn thing like that then they turn around and say to some other person, possibly a foriener, and tell them ok.

just head out of states and get a job there, but get paid less or more depending where you work.

not sure if thats true, just my opinion on how I see this as.

- cboy - 07-16-2006

Don't know what the deal is with you, Blue. Every job I got interviewed at resulted in me being hired.

- Wisemon - 07-16-2006

Quote:I dont know why they think I am so incapable, I just handed in my thousand 14th....I cold have used that money elsewhere....$5500 dollars wasted all for nothing......nothing....
It could just be bad luck, in which case, you probably have the worst luck I've ever seen, but it might have more to do with how you've conducted yourself at interviews. I've been to interview strategy sessions at my school. Don't fold your arms. Don't act too nervous (yeah, easier said than done). Don't wear black suits (they're just for funerals), but do wear nice clothes and shoes. Do answer questions honestly, but not bluntly. Don't go in unshaven. If looking for employment in America, try to be non-white or a woman.