Digiartists' Domain Community!
Man this pisses me off!!! - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: The Lobby (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Man this pisses me off!!! (/showthread.php?tid=3285)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- Anonmon - 11-11-2005

RaZhar Wrote:That's more stupid than me buying the player's guide to Diddy Kong Racing a couple months before I had the game.

There is nothing stupid about buying DKR related anything.

- RaZhar - 11-19-2005

GODDAMN I'M BORED!!! Every time I look at my collection of games I sigh and say, "I wanna play Dragon Quest VIII..."

"Holy cow Batman! The PS3's new experimental controller looks like crap!"
Why are they even thinking of changing the Playstation controller design? The original design was one of the reasons the Playstation was so good. Eh oh well. It

- RaZhar - 11-21-2005

Well I saw a trailer to Gears of War and I cannot believe that people are excited about it. It looks like shit, it sounds like shit, it's all shit...

I also played a demo to the King Kong game and it was absolute crap! There's no HUD! That sucks! That's why I didn't like The Getaway. To find out how many bullets you have left you push a button and the guy your playing as will tell you. That seems like more work on both the player's and the developer's part than just putting in a fucking HUD. And there's a part when your running away from a T-Rex and you get to a closed door and your buddies tell you to stall the dinosaur for time.

"Oh okay! I'll try to be chewie!"

And then you get attacked and the screen turns red and blood covers some of it and one of your friends asks you if you are all right.

"No I'm fine, only pussies bleed when they get bit by dinosaurs!"

And then the part of the demo has you play as King Kong. I played as him for three minutes until I couldn't take it anymore.

And have you seen these commercials to the 360? What the fuck does jump rope and water balloons have to do with video games? These commercials make just as much sense as car and shoe commercials do. I guess they're no different from the first Xbox's commercials with the voice talking about clouds, bunnies, and other random crap.

And man could the launch titles for the 360 suck more? With DOA4 and The Elder's Scrolls IV: Oblivion not being launch titles all the 360 has going for it that interests me is Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero.

And I can't help but shake my head at Microsoft and they're claims of trying to do better in Japan this time. I honestly think they are going to crash and burn just as badly as they did the first time around. If they did manage though I'd eat my own hat...if I had a hat.

- senjuro - 11-22-2005

Well you just have to realize that the company that really played the market the best was Sony. They got all the right developers on their side and got a ton of franchises to go with it. It's pretty unlikely anyone will catch up with them now. MS's attempt at getting into the game market as a feeble attempt at best, a mere wild cash grab that didn't go anywhere. The system never interested me (and lots of others) because there was nothing about it to interest me. Especially when I heard about how many were getting fried shortly after their inital release.

And please don't say "But....but HALO!!!" ONE game is never a good reason to buy a console. The XBox just needed better developers behind it, and it didn't get it. At this point, Sony can do whatever they want with their controllers; they still own the largest portion of the market, and that's not going to change anytime soon.

- Cyber Stryker - 11-22-2005

Personally I felt Halo was overrated, but there are plenty of other games on the XBox that I like. But then it's all a matter of personal taste. That's why I never understood the console fanboy mentality. It all comes down to what kind of game each individual person prefers. It boggles the mind that so many people can't understand that. Not that it

- RaZhar - 11-23-2005

Quote:"But....but HALO!!!"

No need to worry about hearing that from me. In fact the more I do hear it the more I start to hate Halo.

Quote:Anyway its also no surprise that the XBox didn't do so well in Japan because of a lot of reasons:
Size, when Japanese apartments tend to be small,
The aforementioned fountain of Shooter games,
Having "X" in the title when X generally means negative over there.

Yeah, shouldn't they have talked to some Japanese about everything before bringing the console over to there? Or did they and they just shrugged and went with it anyway?

Also I'm not completely sure but I think even the Famicom went through some exterior changes when it came over here to America. If you have Super Smash Brothers: Melee then change the language to Japanese, go into the thing that let's you see all of your trophies on the table and look at the consoles in the back. The place were the NES was is now what I think is the original Famicom. So if Nintendo is willing to change the look and name of they're own thing then why not Microsoft?

- RaZhar - 11-29-2005

When I first heard of a Dead or Alive movie my first thought was, "Ooohh, Martial Arts! And Ninjas!" And then I got a link to uncooperative website the only let me see a little bit of the teaser trailer and I then said to myself, "Why did I get my hopes up?" I mean what went through their minds?

"Okay, we've got the rights to a DOA movie and the first thing we're gonna do is piss all over it! Then get people that look nothing like the characters! (Okay I know that's a very tall order but have you seen the people that who I assume are playing Helena, Tina, Christie, and Bass?) Next we'll put in stereotypical dialogue like, 'I broke a nail'."

Why the fuck was Tina holding a Katana? She's a pro-wrestler! I guess I can excuse Helena but given her fighting style wouldn't a Chinese Sword make more sense? And the movie looks kinda...buddie-buddie-ish. That's just wrong... Ironically when this movie comes out on DVD I'll probably rent it just to see how bad it truly is... I've done it before, every once in a while I'll rent a movie or game just to see if what everyone else had said was really true or not. I did it with Kunoichi: Lady Ninja. Man that was a bad movie...

Also I've heard that someone plans to butcher Tekken as well.

- Harie Krauzer - 11-30-2005

DOA? You think that would be easy. Proof no one really cares except for gamers, I guess. I'm a bit relaxed a bit about the whole thing. I stick to my PC for Elder Scrolls, I don't care too much for Halo, and I may buy a PS3 in the end since I don't feel like playing Zelda/Mario/Metriod games again.

- UnknownH - 12-01-2005

Heh DOA movie. Atleast uwe boll isn't involved with it. Everything he does sucks.

- RaZhar - 12-07-2005

In this day and age you