Digiartists' Domain Community!
May 2004 Contest - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: Author's Den (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Forum: The Author's Domain (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: May 2004 Contest (/showthread.php?tid=3154)

Pages: 1 2

May 2004 Contest - Nate Hunter - 05-02-2004

In honor of the old days, this is a one-month contest. You have until May 20 to submit entries, my discretion will be used on all entries received late. This is a simple contest with a special set of restrictions, these in honor of my birthday.

Rule 1: The story must be five full pages in minimum, excluding any author notes, at 12 pt. Times New Roman. This means it must hit the end of page five or beginning of page six at the minimum -- not the beginning of page five.

Rule 2: The story must involve at least one of the following themes (story-wide) or fetishes (sex only).
Fetishes: Hypnosis/Mind-control, Tails (the body part), BDSM (Preferably the BD and/or Ds), Crossbreeding (Human + Digimon), and/or physical transformations.
Themes: Switching Sides (whether sexually or morally), sexual experimentation (whether with toys or people or digimon), first time (human characters only), aftermath (defined below).

The

- Hikari Yagami Kamiya - 05-02-2004

how biased can you be, I was going to enter a Takari fic but it seems you rather have Daikari than Takari

*coughs*

what nate? you don't like Takari?

- urban dream - 05-02-2004

I'm not much of a Takari fan, but still, that rule doesn't make much sense to me, either... :S

- Ebolavirus - 05-02-2004

im going to enter whoooo.

- Stormy  Wizard - 05-03-2004

Your rules are a bit complicated, but I'll understand them over time.

What's the prizes?

- Nate Hunter - 05-03-2004

I have nothing against Takeru/Hikari stories, except that they are practically a dime a dozen. If I want to read a Takari fic, I can look almost anywhere for one. I do not take preference in my reading to any single pairing or list of pairings, and I treat all pairings equally. To me Taichi/Hikari is as valid a story as any Takeru/Hikari would be, but I don't want easily-written garbage filler.

I want a pairing that requires you to actually look at the characters and pair them on something other than their crests or their Digimon's evolutions or even just that they're in both seasons. I've written a large number of pairings, yet even though there are some I may prefer over others, I will write any pairing I can write justfiably. That means if I can write a justifiable Jou/Daisuke I will write that as soon as I would write a Takuya/Kouji/Kouichi fic, assuming it were justifiable.

My only reason for nulling Takeru/Hikari fics is that I'm tired of seeing so many of them just becausepeople enjoy the pairing or think it's "right", or whatever reason they may have. I may be willing to make an exception if you can write a Takeru/Hikari which does not pair them based on your personal reasons beyond wanting to write one. I want reason for them to be together /within/ the story, and I want it entered before the deadline so I can decide whether to give it a special exception or not.

As the contest maker, I don't need to explain my reasons for any choice I make, but Ihave done so, and will repeat it for clarity.

Quote:Takari fics, lemon or otherwise, are too common. I would sooner read a story that strives to be fresh than just repeating the same pairing I've seen over a thousand times. In addition, most Takari fics are written solely to support the views of their authors that Takari is the "right" pairing for these two characters, regardless of any circumstances which may enter either or both of their lives. They have various reasons for this belief, and I will attack the most common of these grounds no matter whom they are used to pair together.

The most common trick is "crest" or "partner" pairing, where characters int he Digimon series are paired for no reason more complicated than their crests (love/friendship, faith/purity, hope/light) or that their Digimon evolve in similar ways/together (Daisuke/Ken, Takeru/Hikari). Following those is the "deus ex author" syndrome, in which authors do whatever they please, regardless of characters and situations.

These methods are flawed, because they fail to recognize the simple fact that people make choices independent of deity involvement in our world, and any speculative or fictional world should behave similarly.

That is the reason I will not allow Takeru/Hikari. Note that other pairings mentioned above should be considered carefully as to whether or not they fall into crest or partner pairings, as I will probably give lower scores to stories which rely on those sorts of pairings devices.

- Hikari Yagami Kamiya - 05-03-2004

not all Takari fics work like that Nate

*shakes head*

I might cosider making a May lemon contest with a Takari theme

- Nate Hunter - 05-03-2004

I realize that not /all/ work that way, but nine out of ten do. However, I nulled it for the contest because I feel the pairing is overdone and predictable, especially from some people. If those people want to enter, then they can try writing a pairing that isn't TK/Kari. I'm not biased against the couple -- it's actually a major factor in one of my stories. However, because I feel it to be overdone, I nulled it for this one contest.

Besides, I never said you czan't write a Patamon/Tailmon story, and for most of the Takari fans I know that's the next best thing. Stop complaining or I'll null more couples in this contest and Takari for all of them. You don't really want me to make more couples off-limits? And I will do it, the fricking "destined couples" concept is old, so if I have to null more, they'll probably be: Taichi/Sora, Agumon/Piyomon, Patamon/Tailmon, and Takato/Juri.

The only way a couple can be "destined" is if the series makes it 100% clear that they ended up getting together.

What, the crap? - Nate Hunter - 05-08-2004

Edit to the above rules:

EDIT: All seasons and pairings are allowed, *rolls eyes* Including Takari. But if you enter a Takari, don't expect me to go easy on you because I like it. However this addition is very important:

Any fic involving the "bashing" of ANY character will be disqualified. I don't care if you bash Jou, Wallace, Junpei, or Daisuke -- I do not tolerate character bashing. It is, to me, an unforgivable intrusion of the author into the world of the characters. Characters can be made unlikable through means that are not personal attacks against them, and which are story related, not simply the view of the author. Furthermore, that means you do not bash the Digimon either -- they're still characters in the story. I will be intensely critical in judgement of any "bashing" infringements.

- FinalEnix - 05-08-2004

I give Nate Hunter right there are so much fics about Takari it start to annoy