Digiartists' Domain Community!
Meeting other Digimon fans - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: The Lobby (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Meeting other Digimon fans (/showthread.php?tid=1883)

Pages: 1 2

Meeting other Digimon fans - milk me! - 07-28-2003

Is it even possible anymore? I'm not talking about younger kids (though if there are any here...no offense, I'd love to meet you but there are a lot of adults out there that might have a problem with that) but people my age, our age, you know what I mean. 16-30 year olds. Yeah, I know I'm pushing it with the 30 year old limit but I'm 24 and I don't want to cut it off at 25. Whatever. I just want to meet someone with my interests.

Do people go to anime cons alone? Is this a good way to meet people? I mean, most people go in groups, or at least that's what it seems like to me, judging from people's blogs and message board conversations. Either that or they meet people there that they already know. Problem is I don't know anyone. Anyone have any advice?

Whatever. I'm in northern Illinois. If there's anyone else here that's in my neck of the woods give me a holler. I'm lonely and bored. We'll watch some anime and play DDR or some other videogames or go for a walk or just sit around bored together. I don't care. You pick. :roll:

- Mad Mallard - 07-28-2003

Going to anime cons to pick up on the opposite sex sounds hard. Then again, if you did meet someone there they could be the geekgirl/boy of your dreams. Maybe you should give one of those Internet dating services a try. There was a PCWorld magazine review of those, so you might wanna pick up a past issue to see which one was the best.

- milk me! - 07-28-2003

Mad Mallard Wrote:Going to anime cons to pick up on the opposite sex sounds hard. Then again, if you did meet someone there they could be the geekgirl/boy of your dreams.

My thoughts exactly, though I wouldn't want to go just for the purposes of trying to pick up girls. Any boi would do just fine too Wink And really, I'm just looking for some new friends. Potential companions for cosplay and travel. People to be silly with. People I can be myself around. Thost sort of people.

I'm wary of internet dating. I'm not against sex, but I don't want it right away. I don't even know if I want it in the first month. Almost everyone I've corresponded with online that's looked promising seems to want the same thing. I want it too, but not for a while.

- Mad Mallard - 07-28-2003

I guess I misinterpret your post a little. Well, I suppose your best bet for a crew to hang and do stuff with are co-workers and classmates, which happens to be the easiest to meet and make friends with.

- InsaneImpmon - 07-29-2003

I wouldn't mind meeting you as friend if you're nearby. I'm 29 BTW and I'm sure there are many Digimon fan older than 30. Not sure who's the oldest Digimon hentai fan though.

- milk me! - 07-29-2003

Oh neat. Are you in Illinois?

I'm sure you're cool, but if you're not in my area, well, meeting up might be a problem. Obviously.

- Red Mage Dragon Tiamat - 07-29-2003

the only way I could meet you is with the internet. I am living way too far away from Illinios. :-(

But i hope you're successful in finding one in your area

- InsaneImpmon - 07-30-2003

I'm in Michigan and it's about 4 hours drive to Illinois.

- SaberGatomon - 07-31-2003

InsaneImpmon Wrote:Not sure who's the oldest Digimon hentai fan though.

Insane Impmon, that would be ME! I'm 44 and I love Digimon!

SaberGatomon said it, and I'll say it again! Twisted

- JaxomZero - 07-31-2003

Hey, I feel your pain. Except theres one thing different. I'm down in the unmentionable ages, no license, no car, yet I know this hot girl about my age who actualy WORKS at an annual Anime-Con downtown Atlanta. In fact, the only reason I know her was because I was thumbing through my old digimon cards (I played it, and no one Else I knew did, sad days), she's sitting in the bus seat across the isle and Hops over and goes all "Awh, Digimon, I love them!" Thats right, hot girl after my Angemon, and the only reason I con't get with her more often is my complete lack of real animes and Mangas (though I'm working on that).

This year though, things will be different. I'll have myself a license, hopefully a car, and a job, so plenty of money for me. Ani-Con, HERE I COME!
now I just got to go find a flyer.....

And I hope you can get as lucky as me. Just some tips, Flaunt your Anime loving side a bit more often. Bring a DVD to work and watch it on your lunch break, put a Love-hina girl on your car, have Veemon sit ontop of your computer at work (Assuming it's that kinda job) or have a keychain of little anime figurs on your Backpack. Those are My suggestions. Follow them and one day, some guy or girl is going to lean over and say "hey is that Yoh Asakura?... yeah I love that Manga/Anime too." And you'll start up a conversation, and hopefully make decen't friends who you can one day bring to go to a Anime-con.

just hope you don't bump into a girl like my older sis. "Hey, is that Japanime? you know Japanimation! Anime? Are those things from Pokemon? Is that A Bablesaure? Aren't you a little old to be watching JAPanime?"

And the problem is she thinks all anime is Pokemon and DBZ......