Digiartists' Domain Community!
Going off the grid. - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: The Lobby (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Going off the grid. (/showthread.php?tid=11745)

Going off the grid. - Bee - 04-29-2012

The situation stands at this.

I'm moving on Wednesday, to Northern Texas from the gulf coast. There are a variety of reasons for this. My dad's inherited a house up there and he needs my help getting settled in up there, which is good because that means no more rent. My uncle lives up there and he swears up and down that everything is cheaper, which is also a good reason. Yet another is it'll be 700 miles closer to my long-term, long-distance girlfriend, Tigerlily, from this site.

Downside is T-Mobile has no service in the particular area I'm moving to. Which means I'll have no internet or phone service. Being on a budget also hinders my ability to find a replacement phone/isp while I'm up there. But, I have a Walther P38 pistol my uncle seems to want, so selling it may speed things along in the getting internet department. I'm not holding my breath though.

Even if I get reconnected in a timely fashion, I won't be on as much as I used to be. It's time for me to get serious. If I want a decent life with TL, or at least the chance to travel and meet her face to face, I'm going to need to buckle down. Get my GED, take some courses, get a job and save up. Real life things that will hinder my time online. But, it's got to be done.

I'll still be around once I get reconnected. Just not as much as I used to be.

In the meantime however, this is goodbye. Watch out for those spammers, and keep the Rena-Harem locked up while I'm gone.

Seeya on the other side.

RE: Going off the grid. - UnknownH - 04-29-2012

Well, hope everything works out well and don't worry. Everything will do well here.

RE: Going off the grid. - Shadowknight - 04-30-2012

Moving and can't afford internet and stuff hmm? Is that the case, OR ARE YOU REALLY A SUPER SECRET AGENT BENT ON THE DESTRUCTION OF THE INTERNET WHO'S BEEN DISCOVERED BY YOUR SUPER SECRET ADVERSARIES AND NOW MUST GO INTO HIDING BEFORE THEY CAN CAPTURE YOU AND TAKE YOU TO THEIR SECRET UNDERSEA VOLCANO LAIR!? I'm onto you.

RE: Going off the grid. - Bee - 04-30-2012

None of the above. Mercenary moving to an area that is so butt-fuck remote that my cell provider is like 'wtf is this place?'. Shit you not, like 1950s stuck in a bottle, out there. I have some prospective buyers for a few of my collectible firearms, which should more than fund my internet connection, while at the same time I'll have to tell my current sell provider to build a cell tower or I'm cutting out of their contract, at which point I'll look for another company to get my telecommunications through.

RE: Going off the grid. - Shadowknight - 04-30-2012

Ah of course, *cough* Super spy says what? */cough* dang allergies.

Seriously though hope all works out well, take care of yourself dude. And remember in texas no one can hear you scream, or was that space? Meh space, texas, both are islands or something.

RE: Going off the grid. - Chaotic Phoenix - 04-30-2012

Might be a little late, but congrats on you and Tigerlilly. ^^ Is the first I've heard of this.

I also wish you and her the best once you do get the chance to meet her. Good things usually tend work out correctly for the most part.

RE: Going off the grid. - Bee - 05-16-2012

well I'm back, and I brought DSL. Hello Online Gaming!!

RE: Going off the grid. - UnknownH - 05-17-2012

Awesome. Great to know.