Digiartists' Domain Community!
Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: The Lobby (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Forum: Digimon Chat (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) (/showthread.php?tid=11092)

Pages: 1 2

Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - UnknownH - 01-14-2012

Believing the Request of Friends? The Promise of the Devil Phelesmon!

Let's see how this is.

RE: Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - SnK - 01-17-2012

One word: Cult.

A potential to be heavily edited or skipped episode in dubbing (Should it indeed come.) due to the religious related issue that the content of this episode might bring to the American audiences.

Wild Bunch sub now out.

RE: Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - UnknownH - 01-18-2012

We might not lose much. I'll have to watch to see.

RE: Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - UnknownH - 01-20-2012

Here we go again.

Starting off with an upset kid who's starting at a new school tomorrow. He wishes to these wood figures to get new friends. And then the Digital Interference. He gets DigiQuartz'd to an area where a strange creature is throwing a party. It says he's Phelesmon but he doesn't look anything like him. So he tells this kid that he's an angel and can help him make friends. This kid has to move around a lot (I understand that) so he can't make friends very well (I can't understand that) and Phelesmon agree with him when he says I Don't Have Many Friends. But of course that's another show. And with the "angel's" help, he'll have him make friends with everyone in school. And with out the help of a switch or anything like that. And that's another show. Now, with the contract formed, all the kid has to do is whatever our evil lier says.

First I'd like to say how creepy close up shots of Phelesmon's face is. Anyway, Just before school starts, Tagiru is running to get there in time and since he doesn't have bread in his mouth why he does this, he remembered to go buy some. Then Gumdramon asks what's the point of that as he runs but then crashes into the new kid. Which knocks his little wood doll things in to the rivers that seems to be everywhere near a school or town in Japan. So, much like a previous joke, Tagiru jumps down to get it. But New Kid tells him not to worry about it. Tagiru won't give up but the kid will be late so he goes ahead to class before he's late.

In class, Yuu notices Tagiru is late and "accidentally" does that shine off of his teeth that calls over his little harem to gush over him. Now here's the teacher. He introduces the new kid, Makoto. Said now named kid freaks out but evil DOTW shows up and tells him what to do. To wish for everyone to be his friend. And just as easy as you say Abra Kadabra, Their eyes glass over for a second and everyone likes him now. And now we make party! A welcoming party that is. Of course, Taiki walks in late as usual. They tell him about the welcoming party as Yuu does an impression of a balloon inflating. Of course, even with the magic friend spell Mami still loves Yuu. Now to show Makoto around school. Taiki got his keyholder thing that fell but he doesn't get to give it too him. He's confused as frequent so since the brains are controlled by this, he'll just have to go to the Heart of the team. Lucklily, Taiki is in a different grade. So he might know what's wrong. Before Tagiru can go Hunting like Taiki thinks might be the problem, The class passes by and goes to the Gym where Alakazam, everyone plays Ping-Pong! While setting everything up, Phelesmon pops up as he's been doing and says how he needs to be friend with the whole school. But while the class is fine with Makoto, Phelesmon tells him how people are jealous of him and how being friends will lead to peace. Although, he still has no friends. Except for me Makoto says. Which makes the demon happy and he asks him to say that again looking into his eyes like he did when he wished for friends at the start of the day. And he does. Which causes the plot to really speed up.

Hiding at the roof as always, Taiki and Tagiru watch as Shoutmon/Gumdramon can just smell a Digimon so it's obvious what they have to do now. Yuu stands up and says how Makoto has something to say. He now says that everyone will be his friend now matter what. And thus, They will be assimilated into the... Er. Group. Anyway, using the School's PA system, everyone is gathered up to draw a magic circle on the ground. Now they have to Time Shift to stop this. Tagiru's Loader is slightly darker then Taiki's.

In the DigiQuartz, there's a field around the circle to where they can't get through. Which is because anyone who isn't Phelesmon's friend can't get through. So now begins the Ritual of Friendship so Phelesmon can be the strongest ever. But of course, this isn't how you use friendship to win. So on the PA, an Emergency Assembly is called and while others says it's odd, The class rushes in with the Defeat = Friendship strategy to get them out to the schoolyard. Even the teacher does it. In the DigiQuartz, they still can't get in so they go back home and we see everyone carrying pitchforks and standing in a star position. Are we going to edit this is the US. No idea why but hey, What does this country do that ever makes any sense. Same with other countries sometimes.

*ahem*

Coming back the 4 see how things have gotten worse. Of course, Yuu sees them hiding and everyone crowds them in and they get stuck in a jail as they yell how Phelesmon should show himself but he won't until he finishes the ritual. Which turns people in to data so they can fuse together with him. Now Tagiru, knowing the real meaning of friendship, busts out of the cage and runs to Yuu and Mami to knock them out of it and the skies darken to make everyone combine into Phelesmon as he shows up to absorb them. And now we get to the fight with Arresterdramon/Omega Shoutmon Super Evo. Although this reversed power of Friendship makes Phelesmon much stronger so he uses Black Statue to make everyone stone. Or at least part stone. a beam of it even almost hits Makoto but Tagiru jumps in front and gets hit. But before he gets stoned and turned completely into data, we flash back to Tagiru finding that keyholder for Makoto since he wants to cheer him up with friendship. Much like I thought, the keyholder is what snapped Makoto out of it as he cries to turn Tagiru back from stone. Makoto screams that he won't be turned into data like the rest and yells how Phelesmon is supposed to be an angel. But of course, he's more like a fallen angel. Although I thought he's a devil but Wikimon agrees with the show. Anyway, he sheds his costume to look well, not much better. And now since they had a contract, he'll kill them now. But while Makoto throws himself in front of Taiki, Omega Shoutmon uses Omega the Fusion against his Demon Shout and Arresterdramon Prism Garret's him into a catchable state.

And Now, with him caught by Tagiru, everyone can come back and be friends like normal. And after a funny thing between Yuu and Tagiru, we go to the next day where Tagiru is getting bread again and Makoto is now friends with the Ping Pong Club. Everyone's happy! Digimon Intro Corner! Phelesmon. Xros With Starmonz. Making a Starmonz pitchfork. But now it's too pointy to hold. Oh well, next ep Patamon is supposed to scare everyone including Airu but we'll see what happens.

RE: Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - BlackVeedramon - 01-20-2012

Digimon EATS KIDS so they will be his FRIENDS FOREVER, still, this is not the darkness episode I have seen in Digimon anyway...

RE: Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - UnknownH - 01-21-2012

Yeah. They've done worse.

RE: Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - SnK - 01-21-2012

Will any of you call me weird or crazy if I ROFL out loud during those scenes where Makoto's "new found friends" were marching like soldiers armed with pitchforks?

I will admit I am a bit cautious at start assuming that this episode's religious sensitive. But seeing that scene somewhat watered down the dread.

Art style in this episode's the best I have seen so far in this Season, though.

RE: Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - UnknownH - 01-22-2012

Yeah. They'll either drop or super edit this ep. I already said that above.

RE: Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - BlackVeedramon - 01-23-2012

Honestly dragon ball had a guy dressed like a demon that used a pitchfork, you guys are overacting. How is this episode offensive?

RE: Digimon Xros Wars Young Hunters Episode 15 (69) - SnK - 01-23-2012

(01-23-2012, 11:47 AM)BlackVeedramon Wrote: Honestly dragon ball had a guy dressed like a demon that used a pitchfork, you guys are overacting. How is this episode offensive?

To those who are very.. Religious. Specifically Roman Catholic. Though depends on how an audience in a country perceive it, especially parents. Dubbers does edits if an element of the Japanese original is not fit or offensive in norm/ culture. Like editing Bomber Nanimon into Citramon out of either terrorism or violence etc.