Digiartists' Domain Community!
Red Meadow. - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: RPG Central (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Forum: Role Playing Games (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Mixed-style RPGs (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: Red Meadow. (/showthread.php?tid=10152)

RE: Red Meadow. - DrakeZero - 06-13-2011

"That's a shame, hey you should rent one of the farm lots near my place." Linda grinned. "10 acres with lust trees. Bet you could find the privacy there for some nice dragon sex." she giggled. "Oh europe you say? Lucky...the biggest trip I ever sent to was Los Angeles and that was an okay experience."

****Malon****

"Well it has it's drawbacks too, being so far from your neighbors and school. Can't really go hang out with friends nearby. But it's fun to walk in the fields with the animals." she smiled as she continued to walk down the hill with Shaun on her shoulders. The cloud parting a little allowing more moon light onto the ground. They came onto a country road that lined to a large building and a red barn with the sign saying "Calftree Milk Farm" in bold yellow lettering.

'Here's the farm, my house is just further up." she said.

RE: Red Meadow. - Shadowknight - 06-13-2011

"Oh I bet it's beautiful there. I've always wanted to go on a trip to another country, I'm so jealous." she laughed a bit. She let out a soft sigh as she stretched out, "Ugh, I need to be heading home," she pouted slightly, "Work in the morning and all that joy," she groaned a bit, "We're gonna have to get together again sometime, have a girl's night out." she smiled as she shook off a bit, stepping out of the spring, "Take care Yuki, and Malon, I'll see you tomorrow." She winked a bit before stepping into the dressing rooms to change.

Shaun let out a soft growl as he suddenly jumped off of Malon's shoulders, "Sorry, hard to control myself with the full moon, don't think it'd be good for you to suddenly be carrying a huge wolf on your shoulders." he laughed a bit as he pulled his shirt off, not wanting it to get destroyed if he accidentally transformed, followed by his shoes, "Guess I'll leave the pants on, don't think streaking should be on the agenda." he laughed.

RE: Red Meadow. - Maero - 06-14-2011

Jewl stared in open wonder and puzzelment at the room. She was not well acquainted with technology at all, and this...this was all too much for her to begin to understand. The loudness of her kept her on her toes, though she didnt fear it, not knowing what fear she should even be feeling right now. She wondered silently how she had never found this place, never noticed, never heard. "What now?" She asked John.

RE: Red Meadow. - johalt - 06-14-2011

(epic cliffhanger: pt 2 :D)

John walked closer to the device in the corner of the room he was almost mesmerized by. It was round, sitting at about waist height, only a few feet in diameter, and in the center was another indentation for the pendant, this time however, it looked like it would fit the pendant fully opened. John did this, and placed it on the device. "Now," he said, "we get some answers."

The room suddenly dimmed, the light from the viens in the walls shuddering away slightly, while another source, more concentrated, appeared at the centre of the device. It shot through the picture in the opened pendant, generating a three dimensional, partially see-through image, a hologram, of the subject of the photo. The image stood only so large to now be at eye level, but the image itself was quite detailed: she looked so much like Jewl, the relation was now undeniable in John's mind. Now that he could see the whole figure, he noticed that something about her -- her subtle movements, perhaps -- reminded him very much of a feline; in fact he half expected her to show up with pointy ears and a long, slim tail, for some strange reason...

He was soon wrenched out of his thoughts as the woman be fan to speak. "It i's good to see you again."

John startled back a little, not quite expecting a response. "Uh, hello?"

The woman's eyes seemed to shine, almost as if she was silently laughing at him. "Hello. Do you wish to start another recording session?"

John was utterly confused now. "Uhm, I don't mean to be rude, but... Who or what are you?"

The figure looked confused herself for a moment, then looked as if she had just remembered something that made everything make perfect sense. "Oh that's right, forgive me: I am June, a construct designed to house memories and record data. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I had forgotten the accident."

John's face went from confusion back to surprise. "The accident? Do you know what happened?!"

June shook her head, almost seeming saddened by the fact. "I only noticed a significant decrease in your life signs, and noticed you taking several emergency precautions, many more than I have noticed you ever take before, including having me help you block off certain memories."

"Memories?" Could this be the key?

"Yes. I think that you believed the extent of your injuries would impaire many of your normal brain functions, and by blocking them off you might be more likely to recover them completely later. I had forgotten about this when you activated me again just now."

"you said that you helped to block them: i's it possible you can unblock them now?" John said, very hopeful.

June shook her head again. "I'm sorry, but I was specifically told not to let them be activated until the circumstances absolutely called for them."

"Circumstances like what?"

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't answer that either."

Great. he thought, his head sinking into one of his hands.

Almost as if she had read his mind, June spoke up again. "However, there was a recording left that I was given permission to open for you or Jewl. Would you like to hear it?"

John looked up again, hope running through his mind. "Yes!" he quickly stated "please play the recording."

June nodded, then began to fade away. She was instead replaced by an image of John, looking slightly younger: in fact exactly as he did the three years ago before he disappeared. The image then began to speak.

"recording started. Hello. If you are listening to this message, then I am either dead, or as good as. If not, then something much worse has come about. In either case, then the plan has now been change." the figure paused, seeming to collect their thoughts, before starting again.

"You're probably wondering what this all i's, and why and how this all came to be. The short answer i's to give Jewl the best possible chance of becoming the best she can be, independent of the frivolities and material bullshit most of us, perhaps especially me, have come to rely on. The long answers are mostly unimportant now, and will be explained later. For now the important thing i's that things are no longer safe -- or rather, even less safe than before. This place may now be compromised."

The recording paused again, this time the image looking extremely grieved. "Jewl, if you are listening to this, know that I love you, more than anything else in this world, and that nothing, not even death, will change that. You have grown into a fine young woman: bright, intelligent, resourceful, independent. If you are listening to this, then you have no doubt spent a significant amount of time on your own now, without my help. I'm terribly sorry for this, be it of my own doing, or by preempted fate. I had to make sure you were ready, that you could carry on just as well, if not better, without your old man helping you the entire way. I don't expect your forgiveness, nor do I relish it, but the fact remains, I had to be sure. Jewl, if you are listening to thus message, then you are in grave danger. Our house i's no longer safe. You must leave as soon as possible. Take yourself, and all that I have taught you, with you far away from this place. There i's safety in numbers. You must now teach yourself what I could never teach you; you must find a way to become part of society, without losing who you are. Take heed, and be forewarned; choose your friends well, as they will no doubt be an invaluable asset to you. And whatever you do, remember what I have taught you." the figure paused again, his head bowed, and a single tear could be seen running down his face. "I love you Jewl, forever, and for always. End recording."

The image faded then, though the lights were still a bit dim. John didn't know what to say. He looked over at Jewl, to see how she was taking all this.

RE: Red Meadow. - DragonMasterX - 06-14-2011

Yukiko couldn't help but blush bashfully at the direct offer from Linda, "O-oh, that's... ah, it's very considerate from you, Linda," she nodded, then looked up as Lupe seemed ready to leave. "Is it that late already? Oh my, I've been soaking here so carelessly... time flies by when you're enjoying yourself!" she smiled. "Oh... I would love to hang out with you two. Mm, I don't have a lot to do by myself when Hakuron's out on business trips... Even during his vacations," she sighed.

RE: Red Meadow. - DrakeZero - 06-15-2011

**Linda**

Linda waved bye to Lupe, she couldn't wait till tomorrow for her friend to meet the dragon that she saw.
"Well it's settled then." she smiled, "Tomorrow you can come out and have a visit with me and Lupe. I can show you a few places that might interest you." The were cow suggested as she rang her hair out of water. "I bet it would be a nice surprise for the hubby when he comes home to find that you have a nice private nest no?"

**Malon**

"I guess your right." Malon said as she watched Shaun start to form from his human form to his wolf form. His pants creaking slightly from the new size and pressure they were under. "That must be hard to uhm...being forced to change at full moons." Malon said softly as she waited him to finish his transformation so they could resume their walk. Her eyes once more dancing over his firm frame.

RE: Red Meadow. - Shadowknight - 06-15-2011

Shaun grunted a bit as his ears returned to their normal rounded shape, "Ugh, can be pretty annoying. Mostly easier just to transform than try to fight it during the full moon, to be honest I think it's just the mentality, you know the old legends of werewolves and full moons." he chuckled, "Sure if those weren't around I'd have no trouble just like any other species."

Before Shaun could continue a pair of bright flood lights suddenly illuminated the couple, a large black van driving up near them as a man in a bright yellow biohazard suit stepped out, "This is patrol one," he spoke into a small device, "Lost track of Zeus, but we stumbled upon another."

"What the hell, who are you?" Shaun growled a bit.

"Stand down son, this doesn't concern you."

The driver's side door of the van opened, another man dressed similarly to the first stepping out, "Check again rookie," he said as he tapped his helmet, "Kid's body temp reading's over a hundred and four. Bet a year's salary he's canine."

Shaun flinched slightly, Who are these guys? How could they?

"We're taking them both." The one in charge said as the rookie leveled a gun at Malon.

"No!" Shaun growled as he moved infront of Malon just as the gun fired, a small tranq dart imbedding itself into his chest just as he transformed into his were form. He charged at the rookie and ripped the gun from his hand, smashing it effortlessly. A howl ripped through the plains as a second dart hit his right arm, the drugs in the two seeming to take effect as his form shrank back to his human body as he dropped to his knees, growling loudly.

"Dammit, you wouldn't believe how much those weapons cost." The other man said as he re-cocked his weapon, "Forget it, we've got enough data on your kind. You're too much trouble alive." He said as he aimed the weapon against Shaun's forehead.

Shaun swore he could see his life flashing before his eyes as he saw the man's finger tightening around the trigger, unable to move his body from the drugs that had been shot into him, Grrr, move, move dammit! he urged his body to no avail.

Just as it seemed hopless a brown cloak suddenly blocked his view, the man that had only a second ago been pointing a gun at him now knocked a good twelve feet away, standing infront of Shaun was a large muscular figure, covered with a light brown cloak and an old leather hat.

"Shit," The man grabbed at his communicator, "I, it's zeus! Repeat I've located, GAH!" He cried out as the cloaked figure closed the distance between them in seconds, stomping on the com device and smashing it before doing the same to the man's head. He turned towards the van, exposing a small portion of his face, a long muzzle with light gray fur, as he heard it start.

The cloaked figure cursed as he looked down towards Shaun, then at Malon, "Get Shaun to a bed, I need to make sure that guy doesn't send word of you." He ordered as he gave chase after the fleeing Van.

OOC: Excitement abound lol. Ugh, long post make Shadow sleepy, night night time.

RE: Red Meadow. - johalt - 06-15-2011

OOC: prototypers approve this message, lol.

RE: Red Meadow. - Shadowknight - 06-15-2011

OOC: Congratulations, you're the first to note the reference, here's your prize, *Holds up a hunter which roars then lunges at John*

RE: Red Meadow. - johalt - 06-15-2011

OOC: what kind of gamer would I be if I didnt? XD
*blade power activated; two triangles and one consume later* *licks lips* thanks. My tentacles needed a powerup.