Digiartists' Domain Community!
Red Meadow. - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: RPG Central (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Forum: Role Playing Games (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Mixed-style RPGs (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: Red Meadow. (/showthread.php?tid=10152)

RE: Red Meadow. - Maero - 06-08-2011

(Sure, one table.)

Jewl looked curiously at him. She was primitive, maybe even a bit uneducated due to her state, but she wasnt stupid. "Is something wrong with them?" She asked, trying to hand him the handful. Whether he took them or not, she would sit down at the table with him. "Mmm!" she would say before digging in. She would quickly finish up her salad, shoveling large amounts into her mouth. She certainly ate like a wild person. She would then look up and say, "Do you want some juice father?"

RE: Red Meadow. - johalt - 06-08-2011

John looked at the flowers for a second, then, carefully picking them up as carefully as he could, he moved them over to where he had been chopping the vegetables before. I'm going to have to acquaint myself with where everything i's. This i's getting rediculous. he figured the minimal contact should lesson the amount of toxin he took in, though he did feel the slight tingling, he figured it shouldn't be lethal.
When Jewl asked him if he would like some juice, he asked "Oh, what kind? Wait, you said you haven't been here for a week; how fresh i's it?"

"Super fresh! We have apple, orange and mango." She said as she got up. But she didnt walk towards the kitchen. "We have two or thee of each of those kinds of trees nearby, and we can use their fruit for fresh squeezed juice." She walked over to a drawer near the back, and pulled out what looked like an antique juicer. It would be no good for lots of juice, but it had a few heads on it so it could be used for multiple fruits, and for two people it would work just fine.

John shook his head in wonderment. "Ya know, two days ago, I woulda said there ain't much that surprises me anymore... I'd thought I'd just learned to take it in stride... Now I'm not so sure anymore..." John couldn't help but smile. "Ah, but that's neither here nor there. Mango juice sounds divine, Jewl." he said, beginning to scarf his own bowl of veggies.

She nodded and left, having place the juicer on the table. It had been altered, John would see. Originally it looked like it was made for oranges, but its head ha been sawed off and both the neck and head of the device had been fitted with a screw like attachment system that could be used to screw it on tight, or just loosen it and take it off. Beneath was mesh purifier, a little more advanced than the antique would could account for, but simple enough to need no power source and little maintenance aside from a regular cleaning. There were other heads as well, each looking distinct and made for a different fruit, each antique but of a different style, and each fitted with the same screw on emplacement. It told a lot, that either he or Jewl had been proficient with tools, and that this long stay in the woods had been planned, very planned. In fact, the presence of these specific heads, also said that the trees around the cabin had been accounted for, and that this place had been specifically chosen. And for some reason, the whole cabin was surrounded in varying densities by poisonous wolfs bane. It wasnt just in the garden, it was all over the place. Animals wouldnt approach it, but was it keep animals out? Or had John had something else in mind when he planted the poisonous herb all around the home?

Jewl returned later with two fresh mangos and a small basket of fruit. She took out two wooden cups, squeezed some juice for them, and then snaked on an apple. "Father, you really dont remember anything? At all? Not even what made you forget?" She asked.

John had been marveling at the craftsmanship of the juicer when Jewl cam back in. He shook his head at her question. "No, but I'm starting to wonder..." John paused, wondering how to put what he was thinking "I've seen things, in my dreams, memories, I think: I think my subconscious and conscious minds are trying to share info back between each other, which so far i's resulting in me regainIng some of my lost memories. The strange thing i's though, not a single part I've managed to get back has you in it, and everytime I try to reach for something of you, it's not like trying to find my way in a fog like usual; it's more like running straight into a moving brick wall.

"Also, look at how this i's set up;" he said, making wide guestures to indicate all their surroundings "I had thought yesterday something was funny, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I had noticed all the wolfsbane, but we are up the side of a small mountain, I didn't think much of it. But I took alook again this morning, and I figured it out: it's not chaotic enough. This was all planned. By somebody who wanted to make it look as natural as possible. It's subtle, buts there's enough of a pattern that I can recognize. And I'm sure I don't have to convince you of that tunnel we found last night. Something very strange i's going on, even by our standards. And I think some of the answers lie down there." he said, gesturing to where the tunnel was.

"Hmm, then here. Eat this orange, and lets see whats down there." she said, tossing him a fruit from the basket. "I cant believe I have never seen that thing, its...I mean, I live here." She said, staring towards it.

John caught the orange and started to absent mindedly peel it. He shrug. "Sometimes it's about knowing exactly where to look... And others it's being extremely lucky." He chuckled a bit. He tore of one of the orange sections and popped it in his mouth. "Well, if you're finished breakfast, maybe we should go check it out, ya? No time like the present."

RE: Red Meadow. - Shadowknight - 06-08-2011

OOC: Just a note before anyone else mentions it. Yes there is a post limit in this RP, however since Maero has been busy and due to that him and John haven't been able to post much I'm gonna allow them a bit of no-limit posting so they can get caught up a bit with everyone else.

IC:

"Yeah, was just about to head out, uh, wanna walk with me?" Shaun offered, trying not to stare at her chest, which was incredibly difficult seeing as how they were pretty much right between him and her face, "I'd head out as a wolf if it'd make you more comfortable, but I didn't bring any of my were clothes and I don't think walking home naked would be too good. Course then again since you're stuck like that for now we're gonna have to avoid people anyways, so where's the harm in a little streaking?" he laughed.

(Thankee sir knight)

"Sure!" she said, standing up after finishing off an apple. "Um, should you lead the way or me?" The tunnel down didnt seem big enough to allow two down abreast.