Digiartists' Domain Community!
Red Meadow. - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: RPG Central (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Forum: Role Playing Games (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Mixed-style RPGs (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: Red Meadow. (/showthread.php?tid=10152)

RE: Red Meadow. - johalt - 05-02-2011

OOC: k, guess I'll paint the picture then XD

IC: "So this is it huh." John said to Jewl as they arrived at the cabin. "So much for a week, eh?" he said jokingly. It was a ... quaint little building. It looked old; not just "cabin in the middle of the woods" old, but like "please for the love of god condemn me and end this torture" old. The wall seemed to be more alive with plants like mosses and vines rather than of dead wood, yet it seemed just as structurally sound as any new modern building. There was no visible rot of any kind. The windows were wooden shutters rather than glass panes. Behind the building John could just make out from his viewpoint what looked like some sort of garden-- no, that wasn't quite correct; it was more like a grouping of plants with a bit more of a visible pattern to their growth than the rest of the foliage. If he looked hard enough, he could also make out the faint outline of what he assumed was a chimney on the top of the roof -- which was wood shingles rather than metal or tar. He alsosensed a very very light "thrumming", but he shrugged this off as nothing. John took a deep breath. There was that smell again, the same as the faint one that had clung to Jewl when he first saw her, but this time it was stronger, like they were at its source. His mind could only interpret it as one thing: home.

John looked over at Jewl again. "Well, shall we go take a look inside?"

RE: Red Meadow. - Maero - 05-02-2011

Jewl nodded and led them inside. The cabin was all one room, and that single room was very sparse. There was a kitchen with some old but recognizable utensils, two cots, one looks almost dusty, the fire place for winter, A desk with some paper and an old pen and inkwell. There were also some boxes next to the desk. It and everything on and around it including the paper and boxes had a thick layers of dust, like it hadnt been touched in years.

"This is where you used to write things." Jewl explained simply. She could read and write with some difficulty, but she could never read anything John had written there, as though it were all in some kind of code, it just made no sense to her, maybe it would to him.

John slowly walked over to the desk, as if transfixed by it. "You know," he said to no one in particular, "they say that dust is 90 percent human skin... I always wondered how then that dust could accumulate in a place that no human has been in for so long."

The thrumming was getting louder as he approached the desk, fully audible and unshakably there. He began to recognize it now; it was a sound he heard everyday in the city, permeating the background, the air, becoming one with both, one he had learned to shrug off and ignore. But here, of all places, he did not expect to find it. "Electricity? Here?" he mumbled under his breath.

As he reached the desk, he reached down and picked up one of the pieces of paper. He gently blew on it, in an effort to remove a layer of the dust, only to have a light coughing fit as just that happened. He took off his glasses to try to read what was on it. It looked like it was in some sort of code; at least that's what he thought, until he saw something he recognized as the greek letter "pi". He looked to see if there were anymore Greek symbols on the paper. He found a few --sigma there, alpha here -- but they were all interlaced with other symbols he couldnt even recognize from anywhere... And yet... He couldn't help but fell like he should recognize them. They symbols all seemed to have some sort of pattern to them. Then it hit him: math. That's why he recognized the pattern: it was math, although in some other form or language, but indisputably it was calculations of some sort. He put his glasses back on and looked over the other pages. More symbols, some of them even in the latin alphabet... Though it looked like the writer had stuck to the original language. From what little he could make out, it seemed like the writer --who at this point seemed to have been himself -- was desperately trying to figure something out... And then leave some sort of... Instructions? He couldn't say. But one thing was for sure: it was all in his hand writing.

He looked over the rest of the desk again. He felt like he was... Attracted to something. Like something was trying to pull him towards the desk... Or into it. He decided to look under it. He didn't know why: he just felt like he should. On the wall at the back of the space under the desk looked to be some sort of... Engraving? He tried to get closer. It was an engraving. It looked like a one with a line under it, and a zero below that, and to it two horizontal lines representing an equals sign. Infinity. the word popped into his mind immediately. He felt the urge to look down. Directly below him was a figure eight: the symbol for infinty. He moved his fingers over it, and the spaces within the infinity sign seemed to depress a bit, like two buttons. He pushed them both in. He felt the bit of floor below him shift slightly, and he heard a loud "click". There was now a slit in the wood below him, just big enough to get his fingers in. He scootched back a bit, and pulled the bit of floor back. It slid towards him with ease. After it finished moving, the was now a hole in the floor just big enough for him to fit through. It was very dark, he couldn't see down more than a few feet; only enough for him to tell that there were steps leading down. "Well I'll be..." he got out from under the desk, the began to move the desk out of the way from the trap door. After he was done, and the opening was clearly visible, he said to Jewl, "what do you make of this?"

RE: Red Meadow. - Maero - 05-02-2011

Jewl could only watch with interest as her father decoded his own work, and gasped when he revealed a trap door. "I-I dont know, I have never seen that before." She said softly, looking down at it. "What do you think you kept down there?" she asked him, and would follow him in if he decided to go down himself.

John watched Jewl's reaction. "Well, whatever it was, it apparently was something I felt I should hide even from you." He looked down the long, dark passage way. Of all the thing he had brought he forgot a flashlight. He did a mental facepalm. It wouldnt be too bad for him; his night vision was impeccable. But her?

He looked out the window. It would be getting dark soon, and tonight would be the true full moon. He wouldn't take the risk of getting trapped down there in his true form with a little girl who may or may not be his daughter; and it was beginning to look more and more like the former more than the latter. "I think we should leave it for tonight. Besides, perhaps we should get to know each other a little bit first." as he said this, he pushed the buttons again, the trap dooor sliding back into its previous position, and another loud "click" being heard. "You asked me before why that boy said I wasn't human; do you still want an answer?"

RE: Red Meadow. - DragonMasterX - 05-02-2011

OOC: A friendly game has no losers, only winners ;3

IC:

"That's it! You're going down!" they both growled almost ferally, as if a panther had just roared in the face of the werevixen. They pounced Ada at the same time, hoping to bring her down and begin slapping and hitting her if it was successful.

ooc: *cough* bullshit */cough*

RE: Red Meadow. - Crimson Fox - 05-02-2011

OOC: *lol* Mar said friendly, not competitive.

"Uggghh..." Ada groaned as the two felines tried to mob her, the two getting in enough blows to probably leave a few bruises. The were-vixen then roared in response, sounded like a furious wolf or canine of some sort. With a rush of surging strength, she threw both Tifa and Delphi off of her body, flinging them straight into the lockers. "I said leave!"

RE: Red Meadow. - DrakeZero - 05-03-2011

(Lisa)

"What the? How-" she gasped making her presence apparent, but as she took a step back she bumped into the mop bucket causing her to lose her foot and slip. Her head hitting the wall with a crack as she fell the cold title floor of the locker. A little bit of blood dripping from the back of her head as she laid in a daze. The last thing she could see was the two growling like animals before she blacked out.

RE: Red Meadow. - DragonMasterX - 05-03-2011

Tifa grunted as they were slammed away from Ada, "You're strong. Too strong," she growled.

"Tif, she's like us," Delphi observed as she got up to her feet.

"No matter, Delph, we're two and she's alone."

It was then that they were alerted by a noise. They turned to look at Lisa on the ground and out cold. "Eep! It's Lisa!"

"What? Did she hear us?"

They quickly lost interest in Ada and the gym bag and rushed to their boss' side, quickly lifting her up onto their shoulders, "Lisa, you okay?" they both asked in concern, starting to carry her out and to the infirmary.

"She's bleeding a bit..."

"I know, let's hurry!"

With that, they just disappeared from the lockers.