Digiartists' Domain Community!
Red Meadow. - Printable Version

+- Digiartists' Domain Community! (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard)
+-- Forum: RPG Central (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Forum: Role Playing Games (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Mixed-style RPGs (https://digiartistsdomain.org/phpboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Thread: Red Meadow. (/showthread.php?tid=10152)

RE: Red Meadow. - DragonMasterX - 04-16-2011

"Definately impressive for the spectators," Mar nodded in agreement, folding his arms with a cocky smirk, eyes closed, "But flashy jumps aren't enough to be on my team," he then said.

He let his arms drop again and he began pacing around Shaun as if he was a prowling animal sizing its prey up, "Y'know, some people come here expecting to make it to the front line from the get-go," he started, never taking his blue eyes off the aspirer who had grabbed his attention, "I was one of them a month or so ago, and most of them fail, from the get-go," he grinned.

"This team needs blood. Not the blood that gets spilled from wounds as a result of pathetic stunts, but the one coursing through our veins, the one that seeks victory that we all want" he explained, placing the digits of his index and middle fingers along his arm for emphasis, briefly stopping so he was in front of the hoop. "If you're gonna be in my team to do flashy stuff, I'll pound you to the ground myself, no need to show off," he smirked, "But if you're here to make it to the front-line and play a good game..." he narrowed his eyes, his competitive grin showing clear as a day as he held an arm out to the crowd. A basketball was passed to him and Mar then bounced it in Shaun's way.

"Bring it!" he shouted, stomping a foot forwards while adapting a defensive position.

RE: Red Meadow. - Shadowknight - 04-16-2011

Shaun caught the ball and started dribbling it, "To be honest, I'm mostly just joining at some friend's insistence. I'm not the kind that enjoys extra work when it's not necesarry, heck I'd much prefer spending my afterschool time relaxing and just napping." he shrugged a bit. He sniffed at the air a bit, finally catching onto Mar's own were heritage, he didn't like using his nose for things like that, felt almost like spying on people in a way to him, so he trained himself to ignore most scents that didn't seem dangerous such as fire or a fully transformed were.

"Alright then cap, if you wanna play, we can play. Hope you weren't expecting another large jump though, my leg's are way too tired for that." he carefully stood back a bit, studying Mar, He's big, definately from a larger species, bear maybe, or a, wait a sec, he blinked a couple of times, then stared over at Mar, Dragon, wonder if he's the one that started that fire in the math building. Well, guess I'll have to ask him when this is over. he thought. He didn't charge in, knowing a head to head collision would only end with himself being hurled back like a cheap toy, and instead waited for Mar to start the charge, hoping he'd have an advantage in speed and be able to avoid it.

"Oh, so you're here just to show off, right?" Mar laughed. His expression almost surrealy changed to an angry frown. "Good, I felt like making short work of someone today!" he snarled with confidence. The weredragon then began walking in Shaun's direction, but he wasn't running. He was calmly approaching his target, both of his arms held about a feet away from his body, palms open, as if he was holding basketballs in each of them already.

His gaze pierced Shaun's eyes, it was as if some sort of gigantic creature was about to pounce and brutally dismember him, yet his form of approaching the werewolf was most baffling, as if he was enjoying to impose himself before doing anything else. It was a way of paralyzing an opponent by using a magnified form of intimidation. "Come on. You just have to score once," he stammered with a devious grin.

"Show off? Nah, I'm just here to have some fun, although I admit that jump was a bit much." Shaun continued his confident smile, though the weredragon's imposing figure was causing the hair on the back of his neck to stand on end, Damn, what a presence. Hate to see this guy in a bad mood. he thought, every part of his brain screaming at him to run or to fight, the wolf instincts rapidly boiling up inside of him, Dangit, not what I need right now. Gotta stay calm, stupid wolf in me. he thought.

He looked towards both of Mar's arms, With that reach even if I'm faster he'd catch me, can't go around, can't go over, under's out of the question. Dangit, perfect defense in the third dimension. his eyes opened in recognition, smiling slightly, Well, if the third dimension's out, guess the fourth will do. he thought as he suddenly ran forward, looking almost like he was charging straight at Mar. Suddenly at the last second he pushed back with his foot, appearing almost to be moving backwards like a rewind button had been pressed, suddenly ducking to the side and trying to slip past.

OOC: Free cookie to whoever can guess what manga I got this from lol.

Mar looked at the speedy wolf trying to charge over his way. He noticed the ball wasn't bouncing, but paid no mind to it, it was clear now that the guy just wanted to show off. Smiling, he threw his left arm to stop Shaun in his tracks, "It's over!" he claimed.

But it didn't happen. His eyes went wide as Shaun pulled back at the last second, and then suddenly skidded to the side. With his playing experience, however, Mar had learned to become flexible in defense, which was why he had used only his left arm to attempt a grab. He grinned, obviously enjoying himself, "Clever little sneak!"

As a result of his single-arm defense, Mar didn't lose his balance, but side-stepping took him time, and the werewolf was clearly faster. Mar's arms however, were far more agile.

Just as Shaun was passing, Mar suddenly did the unexpected and kicked the ground, turning himself to the opposite side in a 360 degree spin, and before Shaun could jump his right arm basically axed its way to the wolf, his palm open. With that, the weredragon seized the ball, a loud SLAP reverberating across the entire gym. It had been a very fast movement executed by using his right arm as a wing and the weight of his unused left arm to pull his body around like a whirlwind, making it possible to intercept Shaun.

Mar spun three more times and stomped his foot to force his stop. He grinned down at Shaun and held the basketball single-handedly above him as if to further note the height-difference, the ball spun above Mar's index as he cockily said: "Wanna try that again, Flash?"

Mia was awe-struck. She didn't know who to call more impressive. Shaun had moved so fast that it didn't surprise her and didn't even amuse her the fact Mar called the werewolf Flash, and Mar had put on such a defense that it was no wonder he had been assigned Captain in such a short time, once again proven.

She swallowed, too absorbed in the face-off to pay attention to the cheerleader captain's squabble with Malon. She suddenly tugged at Malon's sleeve tightly, "Did you see that?!" she said, not taking her eyes off the court.

RE: Red Meadow. - DrakeZero - 04-16-2011

'Huh? Oh shoot I missed it!" Malon grumbled blaming herself for being all caught up in the squabble. Lisa on the other hand was smiling wide as she watched the two.

"Ya go Mar! Teach the newbies a lesson." she cheered loving the scene of two men facing off one another. She may have been cheering for Mar, but if this newbie could do something to the captain....she would make sure she got him no matter what.

Malon flushed with anger at Lisa's attempts and suddenly yelled onto the court. "Come on Shaun, your faster then him!" she cheered trying to be louder then Lisa.

Shaun grunted a bit from the sudden impact as he was knocked back a bit, barely managing to remain on his feet, "Well, guess they don't make someone a captain for no reason." Under normal circumstances Shaun would've probably wouldn't put much effort into this, but now his were blood was pumping and he was enjoying it, "Alright, now tihs is getting fun." he grinned a bit as he jumped back, getting a running start at Mar, his eyes locked on the ball like he was going to make a jump for it. Suddenly dropping to his knees as he slid through Mar's legs, spinning around and jumping at the ball from behind the weredragon.

Mar briefly looked down at Shaun as he skidded between his legs, but he wasn't surprised, it wasn't the first time someone had tried to do that. The tall jump from behind however, that he didn't expect.

It took him by surprise at first, but not having wasted time looking down, he was ready to turn around and step back, keeping the ball in his hand behind his back. "You've never played basketball before, have you?" he chuckled, stepping away from Shaun while bouncing the ball behind him. Mar had perfect control over it, not even having to look at it to bounce and catch it like that, "I suppose it's okay for you to be doing all this. Conventional assaults wouldn't work on me either way."

He grinned widely, then suddenly swung his arm powerfully, sending the ball back to Shaun with incredible force, enough to knock a normal human out cold if it impacted on their torso. He guessed Shaun would be okay though, and he didn't want to keep the ball in hand, wanting to give the wolf a chance to score.

Mia widened her eyes, "W-wow. The Captain just gave the ball back to Shaun..." she softly worded, "Does he already know it's impossible for him to score...?" she thought out loud.

Mar spread his arms again and stomped forwards, stammering down at Shaun again to provoke him. "Come on already, give me your best, or I'm kicking you outta here."

RE: Red Meadow. - Crimson Fox - 04-16-2011

Michael groaned and awed at the same time as he watched the two fight over the basketball. Those two, their movements are almost inhuman...are they like her? He looked over towards the bleachers towards his adopted sister, the black haired girl marveling at the spectacle. Shrugging over his little theories, he turned his attention back to the match and rooted for his teammate. "Oh, what the hell. Get 'em captain!"

Ada grinned as she watched the two, unsure if she was more impressed by Mar's power or Shaun's lightning speed. Still, she did come here to root on Shaun and so she joined Malon, and cried out, "Kick his ass, Shaun!"

RE: Red Meadow. - DrakeZero - 04-16-2011

Suddenly without a moment of thought Malon grabbed a set of pom poms into her hand and started to dance. Her hips swayed as she waved her hands. "Come on Shaun! Score Score!" She shouted twisting and turning as she started to integrated a few dance moves that cow-girls used in the past to attract a mate. Her shirt creaked as they tried to hold her large bosoms, but her mind was focused on giving Shaun some cheer as he attempted to make the team.